Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 10 years of Cover versions that absolutely SPANK the originals .......... over to you

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I'm sorry to be negative, but that was awful. Vedder can't do the screaming that Daltrey does with ease, and he can't hit the high notes that Townsend hits, so resorts to crowd surfing. The drummer is obviously not a patch on Moon doing his best impression of a drum kit being kicked down six flight of stairs and whilst the original whips up a violin maelstrom and peaks with a sudden ending, this just end when they've run out of steam. I'm not a Pearl Jam fan, but I would have thought that even their fans would see this as a best forgotten lack lustre plough through an old classic.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
I'm sorry to be negative, but that was awful. Vedder can't do the screaming that Daltrey does with ease, and he can't hit the high notes that Townsend hits, so resorts to crowd surfing. The drummer is obviously not a patch on Moon doing his best impression of a drum kit being kicked down six flight of stairs and whilst the original whips up a violin maelstrom and peaks with a sudden ending, this just end when they've run out of steam. I'm not a Pearl Jam fan, but I would have thought that even their fans would see this as a best forgotten lack lustre plough through an old classic.

My fault for picking a poor performance from youtube without checking it out( stunned I actually got the link to work in all honesty.only my second ever effort)

However, if you have the patience, check out other clips . Live they absolutely smash it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't know why this popped up on my Youtube recommendations 8 years after it was posted. I have no history of watching Patti Smith, Springsteen, Screaming Females or Garbage videos. I'm glad it did though. It seems a decent enough version with the two singers combining nicely and then at about 3:40 Marissa Patternosta lets rip with some proper Freebird sh*t sending it to another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmKGjy-Ct0

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't know why this popped up on my Youtube recommendations 8 years after it was posted. I have no history of watching Patti Smith, Springsteen, Screaming Females or Garbage videos. I'm glad it did though. It seems a decent enough version with the two singers combining nicely and then at about 3:40 Marissa Patternosta lets rip with some proper Freebird sh*t sending it to another level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmKGjy-Ct0

Such a great song, and that is a good cover of it. Enjoyed that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't completely spank the original but is interesting...

[tweet]1512083859940151303[/tweet]

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
This doesn't smash Fleetwood Mac's original, but is still a good attempt by Judas Priest to put their stamp on it, I like both versions.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

I'm not even sure how any producer of 90's Dutch hardcore would have the relevant knowledge to consider using an old English folk song, but it turned out to be a touch of genius. Absolute banger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here