Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 10 years of Cover versions that absolutely SPANK the originals .......... over to you

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Bob Mould is arguably the most influential musicians behind the whole Nirvana etc megabucks stuff of the early 90s.

In 1989 he was doing cover versions of Richard Thomspon songs.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Enjoying some of my Christmas CDs this morning and this popped up on a Heavenly compilation. Passed me by at the time, a joyful cover of the Jam song, that takes me back to the wonderful days of jangly indie pop:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm sure this appears somewhere earlier in this thread but I can't be arsed to go back and find it it so here it is again.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not spank but this is tremendous.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I bought a used copy of Giant Drag's album a month or so back and have been really enjoying the light and shade in this version of Chris Isaac's song:

Work computer blocks the youtube clips so I imagine someone has already suggested the obvious one...but All along the watchtower by Hendrix.

Also prefer led Zepps version of "You Shook Me" and "Babe I'm gonna leave you"
Have seen Dylan live a a few times couple of - Mrs P. Is a fan. On at least one occasion he has informed the audience "......We are now going to play a cover of a Jimi Hendrix song...."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here