Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10 mins ago - your new East Stand (Falmer)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Christ, is he real? His match-day takings will go throught the roof in a couple of years. Even if he didn't want to run a busy pub he could sell it now for a lot more cash.

I keep using Swansea as an example, but the pubs around our new stadium were falling down and closing until the ground opened a few years ago. Now the owners are sitting on a gold-mine, with each one renovated.

Can't please some people I suppose

No, he's vowed to keep it shut on Saturdays, and it's the only pub within a mile! There's a thread about this somewhere.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sorry about that Mr Swansea man. Hence the :blush:

He really detests the stadium, and the blue/white stripes are banned (or at very least, very very frowned upon) in his hole.

Mind you, there is a photo somewhere with him being by a pro-stadium banner on the bridge.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...so I am guessing his attitude might change when he sees the hordes of rampaging fans, seeking liquid refreshment, on matchdays!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Thanks for that, looks great!
I can now actually picture a stadium being there rather than just looking at metal cages and rubble :clap2:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
i can just imagine walking through the gaps in the concrete, as to emerge on the East stand...FANTASTIC

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Well, it's a nice sunny day at the moment. Hope you started early and the roof is ready to go up! :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, he's vowed to keep it shut on Saturdays, and it's the only pub within a mile! There's a thread about this somewhere.
There is no chance of the Swan staying shut on Saturdays. He'll end up getting an offer that's just too good to refuse.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Christ, is he real? His match-day takings will go throught the roof in a couple of years. Even if he didn't want to run a busy pub he could sell it now for a lot more cash.

I keep using Swansea as an example, but the pubs around our new stadium were falling down and closing until the ground opened a few years ago. Now the owners are sitting on a gold-mine, with each one renovated.

Can't please some people I suppose

I remember having a drink in the pub opposite Hove station the day of the "Fans United" game in 1997, the landlord told me he couldn't wait to see see the Goldstone shut because of the problems visiting fans gave to his "regulars".
Pub landlords generally like 7-days a week punters, not surges of drinkers on match days. Then they have to bring in more staff, and there is always the chance that something will kick off early, sadly.:annoyed:

I remember having a drink in the pub opposite Hove station the day of the "Fans United" game in 1997, the landlord told me he couldn't wait to see see the Goldstone shut because of the problems visiting fans gave to his "regulars".
Pub landlords generally like 7-days a week punters, not surges of drinkers on match days. Then they have to bring in more staff, and there is always the chance that something will kick off early, sadly.:annoyed:

What you'll find with the new stadium is that it should be more family orientated. Swansea used to get crowds of around 5-6k every week at the old Vetch. This was made up of the die-hard fans who'd go to stand behind someones head and be happy.
These days we get crowds of 15k+ made up of a lot of children with their parent(s). Yes, we have our lunatic element but the numbers of them haven't increased that much. They are easily controlled by a couple of burly bouncers stopping them coming into the pub.

These families on a day out will need somewhere to go before the game so this guy in the pub will need his head read if he doesn't tune into the new demand.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Natterjack - keep up even a fraction of this flow of information and comment (plus the odd picture or two)and you will rapidly earn a place in the NSC Hall of Fame. Additionally you are doing an excellent PR job for your employers and all working on the project. Just tell them I said that if they catch you posting threads when you should be on the job. I think all Falmer Watchers have been greatly impressed by the progress to date and the general orderliness of the entire site.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is no chance of the Swan staying shut on Saturdays. He'll end up getting an offer that's just too good to refuse.

marlon_brando.0.0.0x0.250x322.jpeg

Perhaps someone should have a word...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'd like to see the name Tony Bloom above the door.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here