[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yet people still say we are lucky to have Mr Barber. All you have to do is have a peek at the Spurs Forums around his time of employment there and his plans for away games which never got off the ground. You may see a certain pattern.
Why do people always separate PB from TB? He's Bloom's appointment and I doubt very much that the introduction of these sanctions were done without a rubber stamp from TB. Personally, whilst I don't agree with everything he does, I believe we are in a far better place by having PB than not.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A lot of people still seem to think the points scheme should rewards ticket purchase only. Quite clearly it is supposed to reward ticket purchase AND match attendance. If that point were better understood this thread probably wouldn’t exist.
I think another problem is that there are those that are of the mindset that once you buy a ticket, whether it be for a single match or a season ticket, it's yours to do as you please.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Why do people always separate PB from TB? He's Bloom's appointment and I doubt very much that the introduction of these sanctions were done without a rubber stamp from TB. Personally, whilst I don't agree with everything he does, I believe we are in a far better place by having PB than not.
Because TB has literally handed over the day to day running of the club to PB.

If Bloom has to rubber stamp everything anyway then why delegate Barber with vice chairman powers and a f***ing massive salary to go with it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If Bloom has to rubber stamp everything anyway then why delegate Barber with vice chairman powers and a f***ing massive salary to go with it?
But in your world after Mr Bloom has shelled out £400m he's handed the keys over to Mr Barber.

TB has been in the room while this has been discussed, many times, he has set the tone (no pun intended) for how the issue is to be handled.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Of course he doesn't rubber stamp everything but this is quite a major policy they've introduce and don't forget we've been previously told that it was TB that thought up the loyalty point scheme.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d say the opposite. Barber is the CEO; highly unlikely Bloom will be involved in detail like these ticket sanctions unless he really wanted to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d say the opposite. Barber is the CEO; highly unlikely Bloom will be involved in detail like these ticket sanctions unless he really wanted to.
But I'd be very surprised if he is so out of the loop he doesn't have the opportunity to say:-

'ok but tread carefully around those that will get caught in the crossfire'.
Or
'make sure you hammer all the cheating ****s'.

🤣

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yet people still say we are lucky to have Mr Barber. All you have to do is have a peek at the Spurs Forums around his time of employment there and his plans for away games which never got off the ground. You may see a certain pattern.
I we
Of course he doesn't rubber stamp everything but this is quite a major policy they've introduce and don't forget we've been previously told that it was TB that thought up the loyalty point scheme.
He may of thought up the scheme probably hasn’t got time to police it.

Indeed can you imagine owning a PL club amongst other businesses and the CEO comes to you whinging about a few fans getting ejected at away games using other people’s tickets and asking what to do 😂

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also if TB has handed the running of the club exclusively to Barber-out, how come he's still solely responsible for every single positive action?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I we

Indeed can you imagine owning a PL club amongst other businesses and the CEO comes to you whinging about a few fans getting ejected at away games using other people’s tickets and asking what to do 😂
He's not micro managing or policing it but I'd put money on the fact he rubber stamped the change in policy. He'll leave it to his minions to actually to the policing.

You also seem to forget that TB goes to many away games himself. This isn't just any other business to him, he's a lifelong fan.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's not micro managing or policing it but I'd put money on the fact he rubber stamped the change in policy. He'll leave it to his minions to actually to the policing.

You also seem to forget that TB goes to many away games himself. This isn't just any other business to him, he's a lifelong fan.
Agreed. Of course the policy & T&Cs went in front of the board for review

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I we

Exactly,

PB is paid very well to run the club for TB, without TB having to get involved.

PB and any competent CEO would have the awareness that this isn’t something to escalate to an owner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
😂😂 fairs. But i do think it kills the atmosphere at most games.
The atmosphere has got absolutely nothing to do with those who aren't there.

There is (was) a Big Match Revisted on ITV4 of us v Liverpool, the early 80's 3-3 game.

3 or 4 times the commentator mentions how quiet we are.
Then notes how we finally had some atmosphere as the team clawed their way back into the game.

Now there's 2 parts to this:-
A) Scroll forward 40 years and nothing has changed that's because we were, we are, we always will be a reactionary crowd.
If the AMEX was only filled with fans who aren't allowed in it will still be silent 10 minutes into a 0-0 against Wolves, Burnley, WBA or any other no mark team who don't travel.

2 - Anyone who harks back to the cauldron that was the Goldstone is talking bollox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports