[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Photo ID? Really.

I haven't got a passport. Goodness knows where my driving licence is. I have never carried photo id for anything other than going abroad. Is this really the case now??!
Here’s the email from the club

14B323CE-F71F-42DA-BCC1-7F3C08504E5F.jpeg

Nicks

Just to put into context my kids are 33 and 32, so not exactly Coke Heads as the youngest is a Staff Sergeant in the Army.
He could have said he had no ID when asked but they are both honest lads.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bang on. It is why the atmosphere is shit at home.
Yep, this policy completely ruined the Chelsea game..

Maybe the atmosphere will improve going forward!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just to put into context my kids are 33 and 32, so not exactly Coke Heads as the youngest is a Staff Sergeant in the Army.
He could have said he had no ID when asked but they are both honest lads.
I'm not suggesting your sons are coke heads but do you really think there is an age limit?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Photo ID? Really.

I haven't got a passport. Goodness knows where my driving licence is. I have never carried photo id for anything other than going abroad. Is this really the case now??!
Out of interest, where abroad do you go which doesn't require a passport?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well - I did have a passport, but it expired in about 2013. Haven't been abroad since 2011, so haven't renewed it / applied for a new one.
Now, while the Albion aren't playing, is the optimum time to renew.

#ThinkingAhead
#WotJinx?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You mean - in readiness for our European matches next season?
No, absolutely not, at no point did such a thought even cross my mind.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agree but the club have made this so complicated and inflammatory

1. only be able to buy away tickets if you’ve got enough points….randomly check a few to make sure no-one is taking the piss.
2. if you buy one and can’t go, have a legit, approved, exchange process to pass it on to anyone with enough points at the time you need to pass it on
3. don’t crucify ‘early offenders’ with 10 game home bans. Slap on the wrist first.
4. do crucify (and do it publicly) anyone that causes real trouble, home or away
If you slap on the wrist then nobody takes it seriously. People look for weakness and exploit accordingly. I don’t understand why you think it is complicated either.

Buy ticket
Use ticket
Be awarded points

Random checks to keep everybody honest

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Well - I did have a passport, but it expired in about 2013. Haven't been abroad since 2011, so haven't renewed it / applied for a new one.
A passport can be used for so much more than traveling abroad. It’s basically an ID card. I have used it for job applications, buying houses, opening a Mersey Tunnel account, renting out my Mum’s house, and loads more. I never go abroad these days either.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I said it when these rules were announced. It is ridiculous.

It is a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

The above scenario is something that happens all the time. I’m in the top tier as are the other two in my group and have never harvested points and never will. (I don’t need anyway as I’m so far clear of the next tier anyway). However historically if one of us had an issue on the day I’d phone a mate or give it to someone on here last minute. The seat was never left empty. Now if that happens I can’t. Crazy.

Just don’t think the problem which they are trying to resolve is bad enough to justify this draconian treatment against their most loyal fans (as measured by their own loyalty scheme system).

Bonkers.
Perhaps you don’t realise but you have harvested points. You said so in your third paragraph.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My issue was, the club clearly publicised they would do this, a lot of the game where offenders have been caught, tickets would have already been purchased. For me, I would slap on the wrist until fresh tickets after the crackdown was announced went on sale and be harsh on them, as they have been warned. Southampton and Charlton for example.
Who's to decide those tickets bought and then misused were all 'honest' mistakes?

Why wasn't the response:-

'bollox the club have said they're going to crackdown so I/we/you can't go to game x, on the 'spare' ticket'

an option?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Here is my story.
Myself and my eldest son are in the top tier for Loyalty points and after a lot of faffing about decided to do Wolves away and bought our tickets when they were on sale to all Albion Plus Members.
My son lives in Sutton so because of the train strike on the day he couldn't get to Wolves so I gave his ticket to his younger brother who is an Albion Plus member and lives near to me now.
We drove up to the game from Salisbury and got asked for ID which my lad produced and if course the names didn't match up.
My eldest got an email from the club 2 weeks later telling him that he has a ten game ban and deduction of points.
I immediately emailed the club saying explaining the above situation and saying if they check my purchase date they would see it wasn't a case of harvesting points and gave them all our fan numbers and it was me that gave the ticket to my son and not him as I had bought them both.
I had no reply until last week telling me that as I had been honest and was willing to take the blame and had in no way defaced the ticket they would reduce the ban to 5 home games for me and deduct 50 points from me.
I understand the 50 point deduction and have no qualms about that but for giving a ticket to a family member who is an Albion Plus member and also not purchasing the tickets until they were on sale to Albion Plus Members and getting a 5 game ban for that really gets my goat.
It seems the club are quite happy for you to waste money on tickets that can't be used but not happy for you to use them for family members who pay £20.00 a season for this purpose.
Yet they are quite happy to let visiting fans sit amongst the home fans at The Amex.
Greed is good and it seems this is the norm now for Brighton
My love for this club is being rapidly eroded sadly after 45 years of tramping all around the country watching us.
That is completely and utterly ridiculous and totally indefensible.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
No help whatsoever then.

The complaints are, as we are led to believe, from people who can't get tickets because some that are entitled to are doing so and passing them on to others who aren't. It's also come to a head because some of those getting ejected are the very same people not entitled to those tickets.

As far as I can tell, the only solution is to ensure those entitled are the ones that use the tickets. Where I agree is that there could be a tweak in that those that can't use the tickets, return them to the club who can try and sell them (and if they do, the original purchaser gets money back) plus change the t & Cs for 1901s so they can't give tickets to anyone.

In these cases we have seen today where tickets have been passed to family members allegedly in the same category, why didn't they contact the club before the games to rubber stamp the transfer? I'm sure they all knew the new rules but seemingly chose to think they didn't apply to them.
A lot of people still seem to think the points scheme should rewards ticket purchase only. Quite clearly it is supposed to reward ticket purchase AND match attendance. If that point were better understood this thread probably wouldn’t exist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports