Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
And agreed also. I think the ability to do something with your ticket if there are unforeseen issues due to travel, illness, Covid, strikes ( be it either sharing, refunds, ) must be something the club can devise/manage/ consider. Probably more digital ticketing away will help there.
I think an away ticket exchange wouldn't be a terrible idea, then it would go to someone with enough points, but I've been told by an FAB member on twitter that it is pretty much a non-starter.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Are the club refunding him the 10 games? I’m assuming they will resell his seat for the next 10 games.
I don’t get the 10 game ban, I also don’t get the 50 point reduction. A better punishment IMO is to reset his loyalty points to zero.
Has he been banned for 10 home games?

I assumed this would include away games

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It feels odd as it’s never been easier to get a ticket for an away game since we reached the Prem there is probably 5/6 away games a season you might struggle to get to an of that number 2 games only 1500 will ever get a ticket for regardless of what sanctions are put in by the club.

As many have mentioned I have 3 friends who have all jumped in on a spare away ticket over the years who are all now season ticket holders all of which have since moved out of Brighton and travel home and away for every game.

Those complaining about the good following we now have it’s not hard to work out. If they have been season ticket holders since the age of 8 they are now 20 it that dates back to the opening of the Amex. That’s a fair chin k of points. Add to the fact they are at that point in life where they have little responsibility and plenty of disposable time they do almost all the away games it doesn’t take long for the points to add up. As part of the lost generation I actually don’t mind that element of the away support it’s nice to see young local lads intrested in the Albion instead of supporting one of the big 6.

el punal

Yup. I can think of someone who has brought some value to the club in marketing etc who wouldn't have gotten into following the club if it wasn't for such things.

Sadly it's now much harder to get floating voters interested in the club.
Really? What about the dozens of overseas visitors that we now see at the Amex on a regular basis? The fact is we are now a club that appeals to a lot more potential fans (some would say football tourists) than ever before. It’s the nature of the beast - firstly we are a top ten Premier League club, secondly we are cultivating a big following in other countries because of the number of international players in our ranks. We’ve never enjoyed that status before so let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Don’t see there being any real development in official away exchanges until E tickets are mandatory across all grounds on a timing / postal delay basis.

A central system (similar to home ticket system) could be developed and only those with sufficient points could obtain relists at the time it’s listed. Just remove the loyalty points from the original purchaser regardless of whether it sells or not and they get a refund minus admin

el punal

I think its half and half, yes the home sharing scheme needs to be changed, but I think in the instance of the sharing the ticket for away games it also comes into play. For example one of my group genuinely could not make Wolves after the train strikes (as he needed to be in Manchester for a gig afterwards). That seat went empty as there was no way of transferring it back to the club to re purchase, it went to general sale. I have a friend who lives in Brum who could have easily used it, if I gave it to him it would inconvinience no one.
I beg to differ on one of your points. I, too, had a problem with getting to the Wolves game because of the train strike. I contacted the club to ask whether I could pass my ticket on to a named supporter - no. I asked if the club would take the ticket back and offer it to a fan who would be unable to attend matches normally because of cost - no. Would the club refund me the cost of the ticket - no. Could the ticket be resold by the club - no.
The fact is the ticket was already sold (to me), the club pocketed the cash therefore, being an away fixture, there is no system in place to deal with any further transaction - like the ticket exchange for home games.

The upshot of all of this was that a friend of mine also had a Wolves ticket and decided he would drive and gave me a lift. So my ticket was used, we got the three points, and I had a comfortable journey there and back - result!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It feels odd as it’s never been easier to get a ticket for an away game since we reached the Prem
Yes. Outside of the London games and Bournemouth/Saints - I doubt that you're going to struggle getting tickets for - lets say the next 3 on sale - Everton (A), Boro (A) and Leicester (A) if you want them. Even if you're not a ST holder - et alone a Tier 1 points holder.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The rule should be .....

"If you want to pass on a ticket, to someone in your friends and family, you can, however you're entirely responsible for their behaviour and you'll be subject to disciplinary action for whatever they do"

Sorry, but banning people for 10 games when nothing has been done wrong is bollocks. Yes it's a rule and it's been publicised. But it's bollocks and Barber needs to stop acting like he's some sort of god
This has been done to death BUT this is unfair on people ahead of them in the queue.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Two issues are getting mixed up now. I believe that if you buy a Season Ticket it should be overwhelming be for your use but at the same time I think the club could make it easier to transfer it for free (or at least a low cost) two or three times a season. I have friends who have got tickers for home games with no previous connection to the club so new fans can still watch matches.

As for away games I was mainly in Tier 2 or 3 a few years back but did a few of the less popular northern away trips and soon enough was in Tier 1. People jumping the queue doesn't personally impact me anymore but if I was in Tier 2 or 3 it would annoy me.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I beg to differ on one of your points. I, too, had a problem with getting to the Wolves game because of the train strike. I contacted the club to ask whether I could pass my ticket on to a named supporter - no. I asked if the club would take the ticket back and offer it to a fan who would be unable to attend matches normally because of cost - no. Would the club refund me the cost of the ticket - no. Could the ticket be resold by the club - no.
The fact is the ticket was already sold (to me), the club pocketed the cash therefore, being an away fixture, there is no system in place to deal with any further transaction - like the ticket exchange for home games.

The upshot of all of this was that a friend of mine also had a Wolves ticket and decided he would drive and gave me a lift. So my ticket was used, we got the three points, and I had a comfortable journey there and back - result!
A ticket exchange for away tickets wouldn't be that difficult to set up, I think the club need to give people a bit of good faith regarding away tickets, something I think consulting with fans would be able to achieve, at the moment its very much, no we aren't changing it, tough luck.

The implementation of this policy in my experience has been poor and at arsenal a friend of mine was told to collect (the same person two games in a row), having thought it would be the same as previous turned up 15 mins before KO thinking there would be a booth, but instead he was directed to the arsenal home ticket office and he missed 20 mins of the first half due to the queue. I'm not entirely sure what he had done wrong to have this happen to him, it seems his crime has been buying a ticket in his name. Also at wolves three of my group had incorrect names written on their tickets, despite them being purchased legitimately. Luckily the confirmation was in the envelope to prove the names were written incorrectly on the tickets. This sort of completely unnecessary inconvenience is what has annoyed me, and I travel to every game home and away on my ticket legitmately, yet I have been inconvenienced for no reason, there has to be a conclusion to this to avoid people just becoming bored and also treating the club with good faith.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really? What about the dozens of overseas visitors that we now see at the Amex on a regular basis? The fact is we are now a club that appeals to a lot more potential fans (some would say football tourists) than ever before. It’s the nature of the beast - firstly we are a top ten Premier League club, secondly we are cultivating a big following in other countries because of the number of international players in our ranks. We’ve never enjoyed that status before so let’s enjoy it while it lasts.
I don't see how that goes against what I've said. It's two different topics.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I was discussing ticketing with a guy at the Wolves away game. He claimed to have obtained his ticket through his father, who he said is a club employee. He claimed that his ticket did not have a name on it. Of course, he could have been talking b******s, but this seems inconsistent if true.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The rules are not set for one match. How many people do you want the club to employ to examine ‘special cases ?’
Well I imagine just one to check whether the game is on general sale to all price brackets would do. They would go, yes thats on general sale, no need to check. Done.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well I imagine just one to check whether the game is on general sale to all price brackets would do. They would go, yes thats on general sale, no need to check. Done.
If tickets get sold to people who shouldn't have them, because they don't have the necessary points, they don't get to general sale in the first place.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If tickets get sold to people who shouldn't have them, because they don't have the necessary points, they don't get to general sale in the first place.
With 20,000+ STH I think we can be pretty sure that has never happened.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from the tiny allocation at Brentford and small allocation/high demand for Fulham, that has hardly been the case this season.
And wasn't the case here either.

The son could have just bought his g/f ticket on general sale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here