Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10-game ban and 50-loyalty point deduction

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Then WTF is he moaning about? It's his son who has done wrong, his son who could be banned, and he's taking the ban for his son (that'll learn him)
Reading his comments he's taking the punishment to protect and nurture his sons...

Something smells a bit fishy with this, i.e. he had no idea his son's, who were oblivious of the rules, were ordering tickets in his name, then changing the name on the ticket to one of their GFs. You would think he might have an idea. Maybe I'm too sceptical though!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The son is obviously not a young teen if he had the ability to pay for the tickets as well…( but I guess fathers card might be on the account) how long do you protect a ‘child’?
I know it’s an honourable thing to do but how will they learn ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. I appreciate that. But now they have penalised someone for taking their girlfriend on a family-owned ticket. What is the problem ? No-one died. Or was even inconvenienced. They presumably had a good day out. I hope so. It all seems rather pointless.
It's completely pointless, and wouldn't have happened, were it not for everyone else spoiling it for the 'good guys'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
According to the thread he won’t be refunded for those tickets either?

That does seem out of order
He can put them on the ticket exchange

Part of the problem is the internet remembering card details. I can imagine he didn’t know what his sons did, so why isn’t one of them banned instead of him?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Whilst on the face of it 10 matches does seem harsh, as others have said, we only have one side of the story here.

The comments thtat we have a contingent of dick head away fans that are gaining us an unwanted reputation is surely something the club need to sort out, the fact that it seems to be working indicates that this approach is having the desired effect.

My nephew wanted me to get him tickets for the Arsenal away cup game for him and his mate, I knew both could be a bit of a dickhead when tanked up so I told him I was still deciding whether to go or not- and tickets sold out before he could ask again

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What could have happened is that he is on his son's Friends and Family? We can buy tickets and assign them to those people, with all the tickets received together. In those circumstances this seems harsh, because the Friends and Family system means a ticket can be bought in your name without you ever knowing about it.

Of course if his son used his actual account to buy it then the club can't differentiate that and has no choice under their rules.
I guess it's possible they selected Dad rather than girlfriend.
What could have happened is that he is on his son's Friends and Family? We can buy tickets and assign them to those people, with all the tickets received together. In those circumstances this seems harsh, because the Friends and Family system means a ticket can be bought in your name without you ever knowing about it.

Of course if his son used his actual account to buy it then the club can't differentiate that and has no choice under their rules.
I guess it's also possible that the son deliberately used his dad's name as his girlfriend wasn't eligible for the game.
In which case, this is exactly the reason for the punishment.
In which case the "my son did it" defence, is irrelevant.

I haven't seen any reference to whether the girl was eligible or not.
If she was, then I'm disappointed in the club for this punishment.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bang goes the likely hood of the girlfriend wanting to get a season ticket after having such a great time....

The penalty is harsh for the offence, unless their is more to the story.
Sounds like the girlfriend had no issues and got to see the game, so I doubt that’ll affect any of her future decisions.

I agree the penalty does seem harsh on the basis that there isn’t more to the story.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Everyone deserves a warning don't they?

Just flag this supporter and make it more strict for them. Make them collect away tickets in person and show their ID at home games. A 10 game ban just risks them not bothering to renew season tickets IMO.

If they re-offend, then I can understand heavier punishments. But this seems all a bit harsh.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This particular thread needs to be as long as possible and consistently at the top of NSC’s big board.
Really.....

Another over reaction me thinks, most of us on here are middle aged or older, and I think we forget what we were like, we may not have been coked up, but I bet we seemed boisterous, and obnoxious to the middle aged and older folk when we first started going....

To quote Plato circa 380BC
when the young are to be silent before their elders; how they are to show respect to them by standing and making them sit; what honour is due to parents; what garments or shoes are to be worn; the mode of dressing the hair; deportment and manners in general.
And though only the best of them will be appointed by their predecessors, still they will be unworthy to hold their fathers' places, and when they come into power as guardians, they will soon be found to fall in taking care of us, the Muses, first by under-valuing music; which neglect will soon extend to gymnastic; and hence the young men of your State will be less cultivated.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The son is obviously not a young teen if he had the ability to pay for the tickets as well… how long do you protect a ‘child’?
I know it’s an honourable thing to do but how will they learn ?
My 12-y-o has a debit card and can buy stuff online. He doesn't have a girlfriend and I wouldn't let him travel far and wide on an away day, but the payment part of the process wouldn't be a problem for him.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Yes. I appreciate that. But now they have penalised someone for taking their girlfriend on a family-owned ticket. What is the problem ? No-one died. Or was even inconvenienced. They presumably had a good day out. I hope so. It all seems rather pointless.
How is it a family owned ticket? I’m assuming it was an away ticket if the name was written on it.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
He can put them on the ticket exchange

Part of the problem is the internet remembering card details. I can imagine he didn’t know what his sons did, so why isn’t one of them banned instead of him?
The club offered to transfer the ban to his son apparantly, but he said no to that

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry. Who is spoiling what ?

(don't understand your banter old chap)
It's not banter.

Too many previous ejections and arrests of fans doing this exact same thing has led to the policy.
So the fact that nobody has died or been inconvenienced this time is completely irrelevant.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone deserves a warning don't they?

Just flag this supporter and make it more strict for them. Make them collect away tickets in person and show their ID at home games. A 10 game ban just risks them not bothering to renew season tickets IMO.

If they re-offend, then I can understand heavier punishments. But this seems all a bit harsh.
We all had a collective final warning.
They chose to ignore that.
We're all now getting another final warning.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
How is it a family owned ticket? I’m assuming it was an away ticket if the name was written on it.

It's a funny relationship with your (our) club. I was referring to the season ticket on which the away ticket was bought (assuming that is what has happened). The ticket is owned by your old man. You want to use it for a girlfriend. The old man wouldn't mind - were it me I'd be pleased. They will have a better day out.

Instead you have to dot all the i's and cross the t's. And I am not sure for what.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It's not banter.

Too many previous ejections and arrests of fans doing this exact same thing has led to the policy.
So the fact that nobody has died or been inconvenienced this time is completely irrelevant.

Deal with the arrested fans and who enabled them to get the tickets. That is the problem. Someone's girlfriend ? Not so much.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
It's a funny relationship with your (our) club. I was referring to the season ticket on which the away ticket was bought (assuming that is what has happened). The ticket is owned by your old man. You want to use it for a girlfriend. The old man wouldn't mind - were it me I'd be pleased. They will have a better day out.

Instead you have to dot all the i's and cross the t's. And I am not sure for what.
You can get away tickets without a season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here