Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

10,000 dogs and puppies to be eaten on Sunday in China

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If people weren't so ignorant about the role dogs have played in the advancement of humans in countless fields from theatres of war to scientific exploration to bringing solace to the loneliest of souls to saving countless lives they might be slightly less likely to dismiss them in the way some on here have. It shows the incurable ignorance of some people.

But no, a dog should not be in an office. Not least of all because it has a massively detrimental effect on a dog's mental wellbeing.

Similar things can be said about horses but I don't see people getting so upset about them getting eaten.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No-one laughed the first time Greg, doubt they will a second.

Indeed. Not least because he's doing those on your side of the argument a huge disservce, by beautifully illustarting the the whole point the others are making - that 'its only because they are cute'.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Similar things can be said about horses but I don't see people getting so upset about them getting eaten.

Well one wouldn't on a thread about dog munching. Having said that, where were you when the horse meat scandal broke? People were pretty hot under the collar over that. Like a Chinese pup.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think it's just at thread full of people who don't like dogs laughing at dogs being eaten. Fairs, Childish but fairs.

Very, very silly post Nibble. Literally NOBODY is doing that. Lots have said that they don't see a clear distinction between dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, cows (delete to suit cultural and historical norms) but that they very much disagree with any unecessary cruelty. Nobody is saying hahahahahaha they're eating Fido. hahahahahaha. The only laughing is at the intransigence of the dog lovers, in refusing to see the other completely rational point of view. Because dogs are cute.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Indeed. Not least because he's doing those on your side of the argument a huge disservce, by beautifully illustarting the the whole point the others are making - that 'its only because they are cute'.

I understood the point.
I suppose it would be just as funny to post a picture of a chubby child bride, saucer eyes welling up with the phrase "Please don't rape me" over it? No. Quite.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Very, very silly post Nibble. Literally NOBODY is doing that. Lots have said that they don't see a clear distinction between dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, cows (delete to suit cultural and historical norms) but that they very much disagree with any unecessary cruelty. Nobody is saying hahahahahaha they're eating Fido. hahahahahaha. The only laughing is at the intransigence of the dog lovers, in refusing to see the other completely rational point of view. Because dogs are cute.

But there you go, stupidly simplifying the argument. " Because dogs are cute". there is far more to the argument than that. And well you know it Hans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I understood the point.
I suppose it would be just as funny to post a picture of a chubby child bride, saucer eyes welling up with the phrase "Please don't rape me" over it? No. Quite.

Erm. I think you've actually MISSED the point, Nibble. Entirely.

greg is the OP. the one who has urged us all to rise up against this barbarity. He wasn't joking.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Erm. I think you've actually MISSED the point, Nibble. Entirely.

greg is the OP. the one who has urged us all to rise up against this barbarity. He wasn't joking.

He wasn't joking? Heavens to Betsy, I'm stunned. I apologise for my misinterpretation. Gregory, Gregory, Gregory. What have you done.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
All dogs can be dangerous.....note the baby killed last week by little terrier...
The 10,000 plus dogs that are eaten will provide nourishment .... ...whilst myself I am not excited by the idea of eating Dog,I do eat Lamb,Beef,Pig,Chicken,etc and have no problem with anyone who wishes to eat dog or cat for that matter.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Please don't slaughter me!

10460165074_a95ef0eb91_b.jpg

:thumbsup:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I know there are a lot of dog lovers and parents on this forum. I am asking if you can sign a petition urging the Chinese government to prevent a dog eating festival going ahead this Sunday. Just imagine the screams and pain these puppies and dogs will suffer if they go for the chop to be used in restaurants up and down the country. Pets are often stolen from households by gangs to sell to the butchers. Imagine your dog ending up in a chop suey or egg foo young! Please sign this petition, I urge you. Please save the puppies. Thank-you!

cutest-puppies-5.jpg

If you told a chinese eater that it looked good enough to eat would he know if you were talking about the puppy or the dessert.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
For balance, as humans are getting a bad rap on this thread.

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Seven dogs starved of food and water for two weeks are suspected of eating their Indonesian owner after he returned to his hometown in Manado from a holiday, local media reported on Tuesday.

A neighborhood guard was curious when he saw luggage lined up at the front of Andre Lumboga's house, days after the 50-year old arrived back home. He approached the house, smelled something foul and called the police, according to a report.

"His skull was found in the kitchen, and his body was found in the front of his house," Eriyana, a local police chief in Batam, an island off Sumatra, told VIVAnews website.

Lumboga arrived home last Wednesday, but his body was just discovered on Monday.

"We suspect that the dogs were hungry, so they attacked Andre, because they had not been fed for 14 days," he said. Police also found bones of two other dogs, believed to have also been eaten by the hungry canines.

Lumboga was from northern Sulawesi island, a predominantly Christian area, where the local spicy diet is famous in Indonesia for including dogs, bats and forest rats.

(Reporting by Olivia Rondonuwu; Editing by Neil Chatterjee and Ed Lane)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE78640W20110907?irpc=932

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
No way, my wife wants us to get a dog but if all dogs are eaten then I don't have to be the mean husband who says no

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Those dogs must have been desperate to attack and eat their owner. Why didn't he get a dog sitter? :annoyed:

Why aren't we all vegetarians more like Gregory. Anyone on here who indulges in the barbaric act of eating meat can hardly take the moral high ground about dog slaughter in China because the 'unseen' methods of the livestock and bird trade in this country are EXTREMELY unsavoury and veiled in bullshit meaningless terms like 'organic' and ' 'free range,' which gloss over the terrible process by which meat comes to your tables. Anyone who eats meat should read Jonathan Safran Foer's book 'Eating Humans' before making any judgement on China, because you really aren't in any position to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here