Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£1.5m

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
look at it another way, we just sold a player for 1.5M, has that ever happened before?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Look at it this way....

Harry Kewell - £5million
Zamora - £1.5million

Harry Kewell - established in the premiership and has played in the champions league
Bobby Zamora - has played in Div 3 and Div2

When you look at it dispassionately, it looks right.

Unless it is Roman Abramonovich (?) in which case Zamorra would have gone for £15million

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
I agree Hamilton, we have all been guilty of building BZ's value up in the belief that someone would pay crazy money for him. In reality he is a good player with plenty of promise but one who has only proven himself at a lower level, Spurs could easily have spent that sum to bring in a player with full international experience from overseas.

If SC is given the majority of the money to spend on new players who knows what we might be capable of, no player should ever be bigger than the team. I suspect that we will have included a healthy sell on clause in his contract and something to cover international appearances, I for one will be watching his career progress and hope that he is signed by Real for a massive sum in a couple of years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here