Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

0844/0845 Part 2

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Hi Paul:

I've seen your response to an earlier comment about 0844 and 0845 numbers but you have given exactly the same response I received more than 2 years ago from the then office manager which suggests the club will be doing nothing about it and are not interested in doing anything about call charges.

Yes, we all know that calls from landlines are cheaper but a large number of supporters can only use their mobiles to contact the club because a lot of workplaces do not allow employees to make calls to these numbers. Also, the offices close before most people finish work so access via landline is difficult at best. Impossible for many. Therefore they pay through the nose every time they make a call. Factor in lengthy times on hold in a queue and the club is taking the Michael.

There are plenty of options the club could use including regular geographic 01273 number(s) or 0300 numbers which don't ring up the charges.

We all know that this is not the little old Albion we followed at Withdean and we all know that the club has to maximise its revenue streams but the 0845/0844 phone numbers wind up so many people. We don't all have company phones where bills don't matter.

Maybe Paul Barber could address the issue and make calling the club less expensive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here