Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

0...1,2 or 3? How many years SHOULD it have been?

How Long a contract would you have given Dean Wilkins?

• 3 years....the decision was right

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 2 years....more of a compromise

Votes: 36 45.6%
  • 1 year.......the "safest bet?"

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Chuck him out now,..........we need a name!!

Votes: 13 16.5%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wilkins.............The Contract........How long should it have been..........you decide!!

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It all depends on the finer details of the contract.

He may not be on a lot and there may be a clause that means he won't get full payment of the 3 years if sacked because we got relegated.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
He had the rest of this season to prove himself and it looks like we are going to narrowly beat relegation which isn't that great is it??

Ok we've shown some encouraging signs at times but particularly with our home form we've gone backwards in other areas. I think on the strangth of it a 3 year deal is a huge gamble.

:shootself

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Yes....three years is a huge gamble..................afraid its one for me!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm more than happy with the 3 year contract, It's looking more than likely that until we get Falmer the bulk of our squad will be from the youth team so who better to manage them?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
as was said, he was given this season to prove himself - if anything, i would say we have gone backwards

it should of been a year - that gives him the summer to get his own men in, and then should we need to dispense with him at any point next season we wont need to pay up a ridiculous amount of compensation

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
So if we start the season losing 11 on the bounce ( like 2/3 years ago ) will the Directors keep faith with him or will he to be ousted ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally would have gone for 2 years and a extension. Having said that can see what the board are trying to do by tying him down for that long. If he is a success and other clubs come sniffing around we will get compo but if it is not a success then i doubt he is on that much money and so sacking would not cost that much.

Think the first one is a more viable idea, clubs took note of what he did with the youth team

D

Deleted member 2719

British Bulldog said:
I'm more than happy with the 3 year contract, It's looking more than likely that until we get Falmer the bulk of our squad will be from the youth team so who better to manage them?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also feel DK is trying to say this is what we can afford and Wilkins is the best man and for that reason he get's the 3years so all you winging F*ckers :shutup: and get behind him.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
2 years. I dont expect him to last through next year though if things keep going as they are at the moment.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
The reason why 3 years has been offered is because Knight rates Wilkins so highly that in the event of another club coming in for him, they'd have to pay us a considerable sum of money, like Reading and Leicester did with Coppell and Adams respectively.

I think it's quite a clever ploy providing we don't absolutely f*** up next year

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
Mouldy Boots said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I also feel DK is trying to say this is what we can afford and McGee is the best man and for that reason he get's the 3years so all you winging F*ckers :shutup: and get behind him.

:eek: Surely not...............:lolol: :lolol: :wave:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I will make my decision after his first full year at which point I will come on here and scream and shout that I was right all along. I'm so clever :jester:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
The voting says it all. 85% of people believe he should't have got a 3 year contract. Hope he does well for us but just can't see it happening.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
1 year... we are in a worse position than when MM left the club...

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
B.W. said:
1 year... we are in a worse position than when MM left the club...

Spot on! Also all the shit about it being McGhee's team is a joke too. It is mainly made up of long serving players, here before McGhee, Players signed or brought in by Wilkins and the Kids he has brought through the ranks. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here