Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Of those who are leaving - lets get specific.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've checked the other threads on this subject I feel there's room for 1 more.

Get specific 1 incident for 1 player, the reason why you will remember them:-

Guy's goal at Leeds, great day out, plenty for us to enjoy and a towering header.

Cheers Tank thanks for that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mayo slotting the winning penalty at Millwall. That was QUALITY.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Butter's goal at West Ham, he always seemed to score goals in big games.
Reid assist to Hammond equaliser at Burnley to get important point when we were fighting for championship survival, brilliant solo run and great pass to Hammond. Or his through ball to Knight in the last minute at Sheffield United :bowdown:
Hart's screamer in the 1-0 home win against Huddersfield in the div 2 season.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Butters at West Ham...GENIUS!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just about any Saturday at Gillingham was only made bearable by Gary Hart's endeavour and forward play in what was possibly the worst team, no not possibly, definitely, the worst team I've even seen in the stripes.

Gillingham without OGH ( and maybe 2 others) would have been truely unbearable

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Just about any Saturday at Gillingham was only made bearable by Gary Hart's endeavour and forward play in what was possibly the worst team, no not possibly, definitely, the worst team I've even seen in the stripes.

Gillingham without OGH ( and maybe 2 others) would have been truely unbearable

Would have been Conference you mean.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who'd have thought Kerry would have outlasted everyone as he put through his own net after 20 mins at Hereford.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Mayo - looking like he'd just invented the lightbulb, sprinting up to put his brilliant idea into place, and sending a free kick into the Withdean woods. Not the brightest.

Harty - the boyband middle parting when he first signed.

Butters - can't really remember anything brilliant he's done. But I'm glad he decided to be professional, lose the weight and not become a hate figure.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Kerry - His winner against Derby in the 89th minute of one of the dullest games I can remember watching. It was freezing cold, blowing a gale and pourinng with rain, but none of that mattered for that one moment as Kerry smashed the ball home.

Guy - Not an on-pitch one, but I had the pleasure of meeting him at least season's sponsors dinner and found him to be a great bloke to meet and talk to. Not long after that was our game against Doncaster and the traditional fans game that precedes it. Guy knew that I was playing in the game, and so when he saw me in the Sportsman between the fans match and the 'real' match, he made a point of asking how the game had gone and was pleased to hear that we'd won. Class act.

OGH - Can't pick just one moment, but someone who truly did give 110% every time he played, whatever the situation. Has to go down as one of the biggest, if not the biggest, bargain signing in Albion history, and I hope we can give him a heck of a send-off at his testimonial.

Albion legends, all three of them.

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Mayo:- He'd been dropped for ages and everyone had written him off. We played away against Tranmere and he got recalled by Micky Adamas not long before Peter aylor took over. He was completely no-nonsense, never let the bloke he was marking get a kick and when it was necessary near the end; row Z. Great perfromance, summed him up 100%

Hart:- A rainy night in Gillingham. Losing 3-0 to Cambridge Utd, we hadn't scored for about 1000 minutes. He takes the ball round 3 players and their keeper and scores. We still lost but "OH Gary Hart..... Gary, Gary, Gary Hart...."

Butters:- Equaliser away at Leeds.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm a massive Hart fan - there's too many to choose from. Last minute goals against Southend and Millwall, destroying Wolves, the Leeds goal, a brilliant performance against Palace in the 1-0 game...also, getting booked at Spurs to a phonomenal rendition of "OH GARY HART". Brilliant. Also, his last real contribution - putting the Forest left winger into touch in the closing stages of the game there in March, before a chorus of the same song. Fantastic stuff.

As for Mayo - well the Derby goal has been mentioned, a definite favourite. However just about ANY of the games he played that season under Coppell can be added. He was exceptional.

Butters - again, the goal at West Ham was brilliant, but his performances in the play-offs were brilliant.

Reid deserves a mention too- a consolation goal against Crewe at Withdean was one of the best i've seen. Superb performances at right wing back in the Championship were capped by a great goal against Leicester as well.

:clap: :clap:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Butters best work has been guiding a new crop of young defenders through to being established first teamers - a quality pro and coach/manager of the future

.....he Mayo and Hart have been dependability personified - not necessarily a single outstanding memory for any of them but a lasting memory of consistency and service

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here