Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert's Celebration

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It always amuses me when opposition players over celebrate. I certainly don't take it personally. I'm sure neither of you do either but I've seen some people with faces contorted with rage at the over celebrating. A bit like the Wednesday fans. Serious reality (and health) check needed ! I love a good over celebration ! Wasn't it down at Plymouth that Charlie Oatway ended up in the crowd ?

It hurts but you have to smile, not get angry. I get much more angry with bad refs than I do about a player letting us know how much it means to score against us.

You are right about some Albion fans though, a few went apoplectic when Kevin Nolan celebrated a West Ham goal against us at the Amex. I have no idea why he celebrated with so much enthusiasm but it wasn't worth getting THAT angry about!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
it has to work both ways, though. How many times do we see the ref waste a lot more time sorting a free kick out or lecturing players with no end result ?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
My favourite was Johnny crumplins away to Watford, he stuck up two fingers to us all behind his back and he was playing for us!! That was the turning point of the ironic "football genius " chant

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My favourite was Johnny crumplins away to Watford, he stuck up two fingers to us all behind his back and he was playing for us!! That was the turning point of the ironic "football genius " chant

Yes, I was in full view of it. He wasn't a happy bunny.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Yoda

English & European
It hurts but you have to smile, not get angry. I get much more angry with bad refs than I do about a player letting us know how much it means to score against us.

You are right about some Albion fans though, a few went apoplectic when Kevin Nolan celebrated a West Ham goal against us at the Amex. I have no idea why he celebrated with so much enthusiasm but it wasn't worth getting THAT angry about!

To be fair, Nolan has always celebrated with the same thing so agree with you.

Don't mind over celebrating, but there's a line at enticement (ie that **** at Grimsby final day 2003, can't remember his name and it wasn't even him that equalised).

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
It always amuses me when opposition players over celebrate. I certainly don't take it personally. I'm sure neither of you do either but I've seen some people with faces contorted with rage at the over celebrating. A bit like the Wednesday fans. Serious reality (and health) check needed ! I love a good over celebration ! Wasn't it down at Plymouth that Charlie Oatway ended up in the crowd ?

Agree 100%. Some of the reactions from grown men are ridiculous. Give them a bit of stick sure, helps the atmosphere too but going apopletic with rage?

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
On the subject of over celebrating I seem to remember Emmanuel Adebayor going crazy after scoring a goal for Manchester city and then running the whole length of the field to celebrate in front of the arsenal fans, they went crazy and threw chairs at him

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Scott McGleish (is a wanker) aiming an imaginary gun at the North Stand. Still don't think we've got over that one...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Hans Kraay Notts County.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Scott McGleish (is a wanker) aiming an imaginary gun at the North Stand. Still don't think we've got over that one...

I think we can make an exception for that wanker given our situation at the time

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Great celebration. It's about time all football fans stopped loving it done by their own players whilst simultaneously crying when done to them. Some BHA fans have in the past been as precious as this weekends Wednesday fans.
It's a daft rule anyway. If the ref adds on time I don't see a problem and certainly not worth a booking.

Yeah - but who remembers McGleish, Hammond and Nolan? I do.

The number of away players who goaded home fans after scoring against us is pretty small. And because of that, they all went down in my estimation.

Well apart from Nathan Jones I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yeah I remember that one well. I used to work with a mate of his who came over to
me the next morning to say Crumplin had called him to ask if he had done the right thing ! It was certainly an unusual twist to be goaded by one of our own players..
To be fair I didn't blame him as he used to get ridiculous amounts of abuse from Albion fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Micky Quinn for Portsmouth in front of the north stand. Scored a penalty and flicked v's at us. Not even booked.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Twitter was blowing up Saturday with very abusive messages about Knockaert. Serves them right, don't boo and cheer a player who gets stretchered off, of course he's going to celebrate like that.

One even said he hopes Knockaert doesn't wake up tomorrow. (reported to police).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Twitter was blowing up Saturday with very abusive messages about Knockaert. Serves them right, don't boo and cheer a player who gets stretchered off, of course he's going to celebrate like that.

One even said he hopes Knockaert doesn't wake up tomorrow. (reported to police).

So they wouldn't like to sign him anymore?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
To be fair I don't think Knocky should have celebrated like that in front of their fans. Celebrate with the team if you're too far away from your own fans.

Having said that the reaction of Wednesday on Twitter was ridiculously out of proportion.

Plus, I do feel like we've finally gotten some sort of revenge for their cheating goal in the play-off 2nd leg so swings and roundabouts etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here