Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
One I've noticed creeping in, people saying "ping me an email". Ping ? PING ? It's "send" you utter twats. Do they think it makes them sound dynamic or super techy ?

I did get into a "discussion" with a support team who asked me to "ping us the results" so I asked them for the email server IP. One hour and a dozen emails later, I SENT them the results (ironically a server test log file which included 10k pings).

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Honeymoon period is over. Was implausible that a company with about 300 staff would be bell-free.

There's Mr Coffee Breath - who doesn't seem to realise its that bad, and has a habit of walking over to you rather than phoning. He's also not very good at his job, but that's less annoying to me currently

And we've got a junior technician who is a nephew of someone senior so can't be got rid of too easy. Every customer he goes out to threatens to leave. Had to be shown what a rack-mount server, a UPS and a tape library looked like despite apparently being qualified. He sounds so thick you wonder how he can remember to breathe.

Can't partake in the complaints about Halloween - the yanks stole that from us, and changed the turnips that were hollowed out (in a very Baldrick fashion) in to pumpkins, so its clearly not seen as a distasteful US import here.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
It appears that the moment anyone of any authority in my office walks out, it is que for people to start whilsting as loud as possible. Annoying is an understatment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I f**king hate the way Halloween has been allowed to usurp Bonfire night in our culture. F*ck halloween, and any ADULT who buys halloween themed supermarket tat is a bell-cheese.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I work in a warehouse. Somebody new has joined the company. They can't climb ladders because; and this is their wording not mine, "their knees are too high which makes steps difficult." They also have back pains so can't lift heavy items or bend over too much. This means they're entirely useless, it's a burden having them then there in the rare case of them actually turning up.

SO WHY THE F*CKING F*CK DID THEY APPLY FOR A JOB IN A WAREHOUSE, FFS YOU STUPID ****?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I work in a warehouse. Somebody new has joined the company. They can't climb ladders because; and this is their wording not mine, "their knees are too high which makes steps difficult." They also have back pains so can't lift heavy items or bend over too much. This means they're entirely useless, it's a burden having them then there in the rare case of them actually turning up.

SO WHY THE F*CKING F*CK DID THEY APPLY FOR A JOB IN A WAREHOUSE, FFS YOU STUPID ****?

...... For HR to tick the disability box........ or possibly, as they're probably not registered disabled, just "not very fit" box.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Do you get the same amount of Halloween crap in the shops in Canada that we get in the States? There are ‘pop up’ shops which open at the start of October stacked full of costumes and the stores are full of chocolate and sweets (‘candy’ as they insist on calling it here) to make the little porkers even fatter than they are if that’s possible. Some people must be making a fortune. Having said that, after New Year’s Eve it’s the best night of the year for seeing lots of very attractive women dressed in next to nothing.

I would argue Paddy's Day is better for that.

The US obsession with Halloween needs to be seen to be believed. Parents used to leave my office early so they could go trick or treating with their kids. One such example involved a guy who lived in Greenwich Village ducking out at 3!

Trick or treating in Greenwich Village is bellcheesery in itself.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Halloween email was bad enough, now this....

Hi All!

TAKE OUR KIDS TO WORK DAY is on Wednesday November 2, 2016. We invite all employees to bring youth that they know – whether it is your own child, or that of a friend, or relative – to explore the office and be exposed to the inner workings of a tech company.

Please let me know if and who you will be bringing before next Wednesday October 26, 2016, so that the appropriate arrangements can be made to provide them with the best experience.

etc.....

:ohmy:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

Hi All!

TAKE OUR KIDS TO WORK DAY is on Wednesday November 2, 2016. We invite all employees to bring youth that they know – whether it is your own child, or that of a friend, or relative – to explore the office and be exposed to the inner workings of a tech company.

Please let me know if and who you will be bringing before next Wednesday October 26, 2016, so that the appropriate arrangements can be made to provide them with the best experience.

etc.....

Same thing in my office. I work from home on Wednesdays. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Hi All!

etc.....

Isn't that how BBC came unstuck in the 70's and 80's

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Same thing in my office. I work from home on Wednesdays. :thumbsup:

Ooh, I've just remembered I'm going to an Android conference that day. Bellcheesery avoided. Thank goodness for that.

I really didn't want to explain my work to some bored 14 year old kids. Although it would have been amusing to tell them how I actually do f*** all, and spend most of the day browsing the internet.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Hi All!

etc.....

You could take some of the "youth" from the jungle in Calais....

Would be interesting to see if your work place thinks the same as the sun or daily mirror

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two of our more rotund office inhabitants have been discussing (loudly and proudly) their 'steps' and 'active minutes' recorded on their fitbits for the last 30 minutes.......the discussion is excruciating.....

....both are eating chocolate whilst chatting........

I am going to throw something.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I fear that the boot was on the other foot today, and I was the bellcheese. After much office peer pressure, I succumbed and brought Little Miss Fantana (3 months old) into the office. Yes, yes, I know. I did lay down strict ground rules though - the visit only last 10 minutes and would end immeditately if any inane cooing sounds were made or other such nonsense.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I fear that the boot was on the other foot today, and I was the bellcheese. After much office peer pressure, I succumbed and brought Little Miss Fantana (3 months old) into the office. Yes, yes, I know. I did lay down strict ground rules though - the visit only last 10 minutes and would end immeditately if any inane cooing sounds were made or other such nonsense.

Congrats on the small person!

That said, this sort of behaviour does indeed qualify you as a low-level bellcheese, regardless of peer pressure.

I suppose an exception could be made if you were absolutely certain that no-one in your office was in any way annoyed by this taking place...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here