Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
It's the sport of mediocrity - if you're actually good in the water, or on the bike or running then that's your sport and you compete and win stuff. If you're quite good, but not competitive at any of the components then you do triathlon.

What race are you aiming for?

Well, I'm a mediocre cyclist and a mediocre runner these days!!!

Its the Southampton fast twitch at the end of April http://offbeat-events.com/event/southampton-fast-twitch-triathlon/

Given that you do have some swimming pedigree from your past and obviously have a pretty decent level of fitness, for 400m I would think you should definitely ok for a pace of at least 2:00min/100m with a small amount of training. If you can swim the full distance front crawl without stopping then it's hard to swim it a pace much slower than that!

Sounds good, if I add up those swimming, cycling and running times it should only take me an hour!!!! (No chance!)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Which cycling brand are you (from road.cc):

http://road.cc/content/news/127173-quiz-which-cycling-brand-are-you

I got 'dhb'
You think Wiggle's own brand gear is cycling's best-kept secret, although it's a secret they seem to be keeping by flogging boatloads of the stuff. Make sure you talk about how the short pad is the same as more expensive brands, cause people really like that.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would agree that it is accurate - I don't own any dhb, but it is the type of thing I go for - my wardrobe mostly consisting of the 'top end' of b'twins range (supposedly my bib shorts are the same as the FDJ.fr team - I doubt it), supplemented with bargains from aldi.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
ha ha [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], what a surprise you went up Coombes today!!

I'm absolutely sure I have never gone North to South on Coombes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Craft - seems pretty accurate!

Me too. This may have some truth to it...

You like to think you're a bit too cool for own-brand gear, although you're not prepared to throw masses of money after that conviction. So it's decent value Swedish attire for you.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
ha ha [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION], what a surprise you went up Coombes today!!

I'm absolutely sure I have never gone North to South on Coombes.

:smile:

I almost always do it that way - either because I'm turning for home and avoiding the Bostal, or because I have gone up Tich Hill and want to return Shoreham-wards, avoiding the Bostal.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Altura :facepalm: Though I do have some of their three quarter length water proof shorts. Now that is a fashion item.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Altura :facepalm: Though I do have some of their three quarter length water proof shorts. Now that is a fashion item.
Just don't read back the last couple of pages P.

Some of the boys have been very naughty.

A few weeks ago, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] challenged me to find a way to lower the amount of climbing on my commute, from the epic 36 feet that I normally have to endure.

They said it couldn't be done. They said it was crazy.

They were wrong. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my commute, with a massive 0 foot of climbing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A few weeks ago, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] challenged me to find a way to lower the amount of climbing on my commute, from the epic 36 feet that I normally have to endure.

They were wrong. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you my commute, with a massive 0 foot of climbing.
:bowdown: :rave: :bowdown:

If I were wearing one, I'd take my hat off to you.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Which cycling brand are you (from road.cc):

http://road.cc/content/news/127173-quiz-which-cycling-brand-are-you

I got 'dhb'
You think Wiggle's own brand gear is cycling's best-kept secret, although it's a secret they seem to be keeping by flogging boatloads of the stuff. Make sure you talk about how the short pad is the same as more expensive brands, cause people really like that.

Castelli. That's OK, I've got some of their stuff.

I was hoping for Morvelo, though. :annoyed:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

That profile is magnificent. Superb performance.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I am after some information/help(again). I am looking to get myself a bike 🚲 shed or a bike hut?'
Hopefully someone on here has one and tell me where to get one from and the price range please. I just need to store 2 bikes.

Any ideas would be great.
Thank you 😊

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Just don't read back the last couple of pages P.

Some of the boys have been very naughty.

Yep, I saw it. Cats, Mice and all that...

I better be around a bit more to make sure standards are not allowed to drop. Also if you weirdo's want to talk about Triathlon why don't you go and find a swimming or running thread and do it on that :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here