Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I can see Cadel Evans going really well in this TDU. I reckon he's up for bowing out in style in front of the home crowds. When did he last turn up to the Nationals and give it a good old crack, even chasing back alone from a puncture to be there at the finale. A safer bet than wondering who's team leader out of Porte & Thomas perhaps. Gerrans to lose I suppose, but I'll certainly be rooting for old Cadel and a few of the youngsters for this one.

Over to you SB :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're insane.

Cadel's heart, if he has one, might want to win, but his legs say otherwise.

Team Sky aren't going to show as this is just a bonding session for the Classics.
All these early races are just 'easy' World Tour points for the teams that won't figure when the big boys flex their muscles.

The question is which riders/teams wanted it more back in November.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You're insane.

Cadel's heart, if he has one, might want to win, but his legs say otherwise.

Team Sky aren't going to show as this is just a bonding session for the Classics.
All these early races are just 'easy' World Tour points for the teams that won't figure when the big boys flex their muscles.

The question is which riders/teams wanted it more back in November.

:lol:

Knew you'd be writing off Cadel, hence the... over to you.

I recall you saying the same at the beginning of last season and all the way through the Giro until he stepped up on the podium there :thumbsup:

I'm being serious. He doesn't rock up down here unless he means to do something, and I think he has the legs in this field and over these parcours.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The back loaded Giro became a non event the moment the weather closed in.
From then on it was just about being stubborn and bloody minded, and nobody has ever doubted Cadel in that area.

If Cadel feels his work in Europe is complete then sure he could have trained with these events in mind.
But he's not being paid a pooh load of cash to win one of the first events of the year, and then not do much else.

Cadel at 80+% isn't going to overhaul some no mark with a point to prove and a contract to win, a la last years fella.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Apologies.

4 waltzing Matildas
A couple of lederhosen thigh slaps
A flamenco stamp
The commedia dell'arte
And a Nantgarw jig

I like your style Hamilton :thumbsup:

I'm going for a slightly left field team to get me either flying out of the blocks or left playing catch up:

5 Didgeridoos
1 Piano (but mainly composers)
1 Mandolin
1 Accordion
1 Guitar (never electric)

Just a purist team for me this season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Poor old Visconti. Season not even started properly and he's gone and broken his leg in the people's choice crit this morning :(

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So, anyone got any bets on yet for TDU overall (I can't find any stage betting odds yet)?

I've kicked off my campaign with just one overall bet for this. £2 ew (£4 stake) on MORENO @ 11/1

I won't bother with any other overall bets as I can't find much to beat Moreno for value. Gerrans is ridiculously short.

I'll probably have some 50p eachways for stages just to keep the interest up. There's an Italian and a Frenchie that I'm hoping I might get some decent odds on along the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, anyone got any bets on yet for TDU overall (I can't find any stage betting odds yet)?

I've kicked off my campaign with just one overall bet for this. £2 ew (£4 stake) on MORENO @ 11/1

I won't bother with any other overall bets as I can't find much to beat Moreno for value. Gerrans is ridiculously short.

I'll probably have some 50p eachways for stages just to keep the interest up. There's an Italian and a Frenchie that I'm hoping I might get some decent odds on along the way.
You're crazy as a coconut!!

Do you bet on pre-season friendlies & the wrestling, as well? :lolol:

I will be upping my cycling wagers this season, but not till Classic o'clock, onwards.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I like your style Hamilton :thumbsup:

I'm going for a slightly left field team to get me either flying out of the blocks or left playing catch up:

5 Didgeridoos
1 Piano (but mainly composers)
1 Mandolin
1 Accordion
1 Guitar (never electric)

Just a purist team for me this season.

Very very good.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You're crazy as a coconut!!

Do you bet on pre-season friendlies & the wrestling, as well? :lolol:

I will be upping my cycling wagers this season, but not till Classic o'clock, onwards.

Nope, only bet on cycling, and very very occasionally on football. Finished about £40 quid up last season, and that was despite Albasini being pipped by a tyres width on a TdF stage to cost me as I'd gone greedy and backed the win rather than e/w.

I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve for this TDU :blush: Feels like a long closed season, so even this 'warm up' race has me chomping at the bit.

Very very good.

Confession time. Further research has unearthed a hidden gem (possibly) - so I'm swapping a didj for another accordion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] I'm a little confused by the 2 leagues, and your explanation:-
If you want to run a team in both leagues you will need to use two different log ins, as us non premium paupers are only allowed one team each. I will certainly be running a team in each to help make up the numbers.

Currently my one team is in both leagues.
What's going to happen after the event has started?

Does the 'purist' league just get locked down, allowing me to tinker in t'other league, just like the good old days?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm working on the basis if you have 1 team, transfers will take effect to all leagues entered. This way, the purist league will be done on trust of no changes, or someone checking.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] I'm a little confused by the 2 leagues, and your explanation:-
If you want to run a team in both leagues you will need to use two different log ins, as us non premium paupers are only allowed one team each. I will certainly be running a team in each to help make up the numbers.

Currently my one team is in both leagues.
What's going to happen after the event has started?

Does the 'purist' league just get locked down, allowing me to tinker in t'other league, just like the good old days?

Your team will disappear from the purist league the moment you make a mid race transfer, I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here