Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rajiv van La Parra [on loan from Wolves until 2nd January]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Craig Conway was positive - played in in shite technical setup.
Darren Bent was positive - played in a shite technical set up.

Conway was a 3 month loan wasn't he? Took him a little while to settle in if I remember, but yes, looked excellent once he did. Darren Bent, I suppose he was, but like you say we were so bad it's hard to judge. I think I've been reasonably positive about it, my comment was more about someone having a go at everyone else's viewpoint.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The baffling point is he played 41 games for Wolves last season when they just missed out on the play offs but this year he has played hardly any games and they are mid table, is their a connection or is it conincidence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The baffling point is that last year he played 41 games for Wolves and they finished near the play offs. This year he has hardly played and they are midtable. Is there a connection or is it just a coincidence and his play and ability has dropped off.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The baffling point is he played 41 games for Wolves last season when they just missed out on the play offs but this year he has played hardly any games and they are mid table, is their a connection or is it conincidence.

The baffling point is that last year he played 41 games for Wolves and they finished near the play offs. This year he has hardly played and they are midtable. Is there a connection or is it just a coincidence and his play and ability has dropped off.

Perhaps he's knackered after his 82 games last year.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Saw Van La Parra once last season - when he was brilliant and a clear man of the match at Vicarage Road in a 1-0 win for Wolves against an (obviously) very strong Watford team.

Going to be a really good player for someone, can't understand why it isn't Wolves.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
If you listen to his interview on player, he is a little indiscreet and seems less than happy at Wolves. Saying he was in a bad situation or similar - maybe he has fallen out with their manager (jackett?).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Underwhelming

43 appearances and 2 goals for Wolves since joining them in June 2014. And they're happy to loan him to us.

Not totally writing him off, but if he's not good enough for Wolves now, then what will he do for us ? And even with KLL seemingly perma-crocked, do we REALLY need yet another right winger ? Have to agree with [MENTION=72]dwayne[/MENTION], rather underwhelming.

Dutch players are rubbish.

on loan from Wolves? So he cant get in their side but apprently is good enough for us?

So much for holding out for quality. This is very 'Meh'.

I think even no signings would have been a stronger message if this guys it.

First touch for the Albion is a stunning assist.
It's a yes from me :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looked good, powerful winger. That said Elvis didn't seem happy when he came on

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worth the license fee alone.

Dec 29, 2011
Ran straight over to manu when he scored. If he gets manu playing too it might be one of the best loan signings I've ever seen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ran straight over to manu when he scored. If he gets manu playing too it might be one of the best loan signings I've ever seen.

More like the final nail in the coffin of Elvis's Brighton career, perhaps? Three wide players (if you include Rosenior) out injured, and we get in a loanee (who can't get a game at Wolves) rather than play him.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
More like the final nail in the coffin of Elvis's Brighton career, perhaps? Three wide players (if you include Rosenior) out injured, and we get in a loanee (who can't get a game at Wolves) rather than play him.

CH specifically mentioned Elvis in pre match interview, saying he has been training well. At the current rate of injury creation, he is bound to get a game soon.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

It is hard to see where Elvis is going to fit in. Initially CH said that he needed to adjust to the Championship and there were also similar plaudits as I recall, but they seem to have dried up. Of course, he could stagger us all yet with his skills, but the longer this situation goes on, the more you think of Toko. I appreciate that he has not had much game time, but as the quoted post says, he would surely have been on by now, had CH faith in him.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
makes me wonder if we want to keep Van La Parra whether potato head will hold things up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here