Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland offer

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Well **** that. I had previously been in the 'sell Bridcutt for £3 million it's a good offer' club but if Lee f*cking Cattermole is worth 5 then Bridcutt is worth about 15.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just keep digging. You claimed oscar was in talks with a player today yet the same player was playing in Spain tonight.

Someone posted on the Argus and reckoned that Oscar was in Spain yesterday, either way, could be talking to the agent rather than the player at the moment. No idea if there is any truth in any rumour, that's the nature of a rumour. But it's nice to have something positive to think about rather than just our best players going for less than they are worth.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Unbelievable. This makes me: :wrong:

I am speechless. What is Hughes thinking?

If Cattarmole is worth 6 million then that is what we should be asking for bridcutt,he should also demand the same wage that Cattermole is on, it`s about time we stopped getting raped when selling key players

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I find it interesting that Stoke are supposedly interested in Cattermole, to fill what we might call the "Liam Bridcutt" role - the Technical Director at Stoke is Mark Cartwright (yes, THAT Mark Cartwright), who used to be Liam's agent. Cartwright had to give up his football agent duties when appointed to the Stoke role, to prevent a conflict of interests.

Why isn't Cartwright singing Liam's praises to anyone who will listen at Stoke, and persuading them to bid for Bridcutt rather than Cattermole? We could do with a bidding war developing for Liam's services.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I imagine for this rumour to have any legs it would have to be Wickham in and Bridcutt and Buckley out with no money involved.

Even if this happened it would then raise question marks about Ulloa. Would Wickham sign for a club where he was almost certainly going to be a bench player? Oscar favours one up front so feasibly Ulloa out for 3 millionish and some of the money spent on Connor with the rest going towards reducing our losses. CMS as the back up striker? Alternatively we buy a midfielder and defender with what's left.

Even if the above was a possibility, is there enough time left in the transfer window to get all the above sorted?

In the absence of any news from the club about what is happening in the transfer window now, I thought I'd throw in my wild guesses, seems the thing to do at the moment :smile:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Well **** that. I had previously been in the 'sell Bridcutt for £3 million it's a good offer' club but if Lee f*cking Cattermole is worth 5 then Bridcutt is worth about 15.

This is where having a poker playing chairman comes in handy! If Sunderland really are prepared to sell Cattermole to Stoke, they have kind of played their hand a bit early....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
This is where having a poker playing chairman comes in handy! If Sunderland really are prepared to sell Cattermole to Stoke, they have kind of played their hand a bit early....

I don't think Gus has got much choice as he doesn't appear to have much in the way of funds for new players and it looks like he's having to ship players out before he can bring new one's in. If I thought there was any real chance of swapping Bridcutt and Buckley for Wickham I'd see it as a good deal but I can't see it as being anything more than made up nonsense.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
But our poker playing chairman played his hand early in selling Barnes and El Abd before having replacements

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I imagine for this rumour to have any legs it would have to be Wickham in and Bridcutt and Buckley out with no money involved.

Even if this happened it would then raise question marks about Ulloa. Would Wickham sign for a club where he was almost certainly going to be a bench player? Oscar favours one up front so feasibly Ulloa out for 3 millionish and some of the money spent on Connor with the rest going towards reducing our losses. CMS as the back up striker? Alternatively we buy a midfielder and defender with what's left.

Even if the above was a possibility, is there enough time left in the transfer window to get all the above sorted?

In the absence of any news from the club about what is happening in the transfer window now, I thought I'd throw in my wild guesses, seems the thing to do at the moment :smile:

I think Wickham can play in a deeper role and I am not convinced that Oscar is totally committed to one up front. He has hardly been blessed with striking options since the start of the season.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But our poker playing chairman played his hand early in selling Barnes and El Abd before having replacements

If you think they're the best cards in his hand then you're very wet between the ears.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If you think they're the best cards in his hand then you're very wet between the ears.

I reckon his best card is telling Gus that Wickham comes to us or there is no deal.

Sell him to Forest and the deal will not happen ???

So Forest had to look elsewhere and got Graham ?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Some cards are better than no cards at all

Having no cards means you cant lose any money...keeping your stack for a hand you know you have a good chance of winning with. Playing tight is a good way of staying in the game especially when others have a larger stack.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even if this happened it would then raise question marks about Ulloa. Would Wickham sign for a club where he was almost certainly going to be a bench player?

On current form, there is no chance that of the two, it would be Wickham, who was on the bench.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Buckley's hamstring problems have been blamed on him still growing and the differences between the training ground surfaces and the Amex pitch. You'd hope the growing problems will sort themselves out naturally and the new training ground should solve the Amex problem.

The ' still growing ' argument is only part of it and is cover for the fact that they can't sort out his problem.
Buckley's style of running is very upright and his forte is to push off quickly from a standing start and beat the defender for sheer pace over 30-40 yards. His game is all about short bursts of speed. The main problem he has is overstriding. He tries to get into full stride too quickly, determined to burn off the opposition as quickly as possible. The strain he is putting on his legs/hamstrings is too much and if the Amex pitch is as unforgiving as people say, then he will keep getting injured.
It will be very difficult for him to change/modify his running style. He has grown up running like this and it comes naturally to him. Some basic training with a top sprinting coach may help. Trying to start his run lower to the ground and shortening his early strides like KLL.
Buckley's blistering pace over short distances is down to his running style. Early long strides. This is also his problem and causing all the injury issues. I fear this will dog him all his career.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here