Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Downs: England's Mountains Green

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Where exactly near Chichester was that patch of Roman Road he was on?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Where exactly near Chichester was that patch of Roman Road he was on?
Stane Street

It's on the east side.
Slindon woods, going up through Eartham woods which in turn is just to the East of Goodwood has loads of obvious ridges like that.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Which pub was he in that was featured in last nights programme incidentally? Was it The Ram?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
i thought it was beautiful to look at and it made me proud of Sussex, but as a programme it was a mess - no sense of where one place was in relation to another. Look at the comments here - we all know the area pretty well I imagine, and we're trying to work out where places are. More about the presenter than the Downs I thought. Why say the Downs influenced Blake and then not return to the point? Sloppy editing and writing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
i thought it was beautiful to look at and it made me proud of Sussex, but as a programme it was a mess - no sense of where one place was in relation to another. Look at the comments here - we all know the area pretty well I imagine, and we're trying to work out where places are. More about the presenter than the Downs I thought. Why say the Downs influenced Blake and then not return to the point? Sloppy editing and writing.

I agree to an extent. There were some odd cut aways and it moved about from place to place in a less than satisfactory way but the overall beauty of the programme won over.

I liked the presenter, showed passion and energy. Possibly let down a little by the producer?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
On the subject of sheep ... the farmer who featured at the beginning of the programme was called ... Mr Barr.

In our house, he is remembered as the driver of the tractor that ran over our dog's grandmother.

Yes we noticed that and laughed, not at your dogs grandmother's murderer though. Had I known I'd have booed and then baa'd.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
recorded and will watch as and when

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Enjoyed this and loved that they picked out the second best view from the South Downs (Birling Gap), but where was the Amex from Ditchling Beacon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here