Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was horrendous - we should be embarrassed!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
We as fans hardly sent a message to the players of how seriously we are taking the cup that despite cut price tickets, we only had to open 1/3rd of the ground for the 3rd round. I think WE showed where our priorities lay in that regard long before the players walked out at Lincoln.

I agree, but MK Dons were hardly going to attract a huge following. Indeed the early rounds, for a club like us at home, can (sadly - due to the cost of football etc.) be this way. We all know however that if we'd beaten Lincoln and drawn Man Utd at home we'd have seen a very different looking Amex.

I'm sure most of the following at Lincoln, didn't go just for an expensive jolly - I think they went expecting a tough game yes, but more than a 20 min performance from the players would have been nice.

Last edited:

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I think, the gist is, if we go up... We're never likely to win the premier league, so why bother.

The FA cup however will become suddenly re-relevant.

That's why I can't let it go, this and Lincoln had other priorities too... like winning the National League, did they prioritise returning to the FL?!? Didn't look that way to me...

Sidwell was spot on. Embarrassing, from attitude to application. A disgrace to the competition frankly, alas we're not alone.

Oh I see, well I still maintain it's a competition we cannot win, it is the priority of Arsenal and Man UTD and you could probably put your house on one of them making it to the final and winning it. My point is and i'll try and explain it a bit better this time. Brighton need to get promoted to the premier league, the money it brings is enough justification to a lot of the fans, we are top and less fixture congestion is key to maintaining our run plus we need to keep our squad fit and injury free, Saturday being another example which we could do without. I'm not saying the FA cup has no place anymore but when your pushing for promotion it can be a hindrance. It's only an opinion as well, i'm not putting down people who would have enjoyed a cup run, each to their own right?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
You're not speaking for me.

I'd rather have been in the 5th round draw today rather than go out to a non-League team.

I wanted to be in it

Fair dos. I just wish Lincoln all the best and am happy to crack on with the league. Would have been lovely to go on in the cup but i'm not downhearted or disappointed. The 'us' is for those of us who think the same. :shrug:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I suppose 'tis indeed a new dawn today, one of grim acceptance of defeat, and onward to the more decisive encounter... We hold the high ground, lest we become encircled and besieged... In the temple of Mithras I doth kneel and pray... To the power of the Gods of yore I call... As it is surely only they who can turn the tide, and only they who can prove the stark and terrible omens I bore witness to, are nowt but a fey glance from the eyes of the faithless.

Is that better?

You're wasted on here mate!

:thumbsup:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Can't comments be kept to opinions about the game, rather than name calling?

I appreciate it's the last resort retort, but I suddenly came to the realisation that I'd let him get away with knobbing around my threads for way too long.

Let battle commence.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh I see, well I still maintain it's a competition we cannot win, it is the priority of Arsenal and Man UTD and you could probably put your house on one of them making it to the final and winning it. My point is and i'll try and explain it a bit better this time. Brighton need to get promoted to the premier league, the money it brings is enough justification to a lot of the fans, we are top and less fixture congestion is key to maintaining our run plus we need to keep our squad fit and injury free, Saturday being another example which we could do without. I'm not saying the FA cup has no place anymore but when your pushing for promotion it can be a hindrance. It's only an opinion as well, i'm not putting down people who would have enjoyed a cup run, each to their own right?

I agree with this really - I do. It's nice to see so many reasoned a well written slants on this particular match and the general picture of things moving forward. Better than clever digs and writing stuff that doesn't form a legitimate argument, merely designed to get a good thumbing from yer ' special great mates...' heh heh, mentioning no names.

I guess the axe is ground enough for today.

With specific regard to the above, I will say this... Promotion would be important/fantastic for all the reasons you've stated. I, however, can't understand the way we approached the FA cup this season as a whole... Nothing new perhaps, but anyone could see we needed to turn up with the big guns on Saturday. When I saw the line-up, listened to, and saw the sloping shoulders of the players during the highlights, it was clear that we weren't interested. For me it's an insult to the fans who bothered to travel, an insult to our opponents (not that they care!) but most of all an insult to the history etc. of the FA cup. We approached the tie something akin, to exactly what the majority of us have moaned about during recent seasons, when Arsenal have rocked up with Sanchez on the bench for example. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Play your best hand, play to win and come away with pride. We did none of that, as such deserved nothing and received it with interest.

Yes - I realise why our best players weren't risked, or were they? Murray, Norwood, Hemed and even Sidwell played large parts...Why not just take the under 23s? rather than fannying about with Murray et al. at 50% effort.

Beyond this; the media knives are out and it all adds to the pressure. Lose on Thursday and the mental toughness of our manager and squad will be severely tested.

Sometimes things simply unravel, usually for a reason. Obviously I'm most likely wrong... I worry is all.

Last edited:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
twit.PNG

Thank F**K for that.
It's bad enough as it is but if the BBC had been there It would take us twice as long to live it down.

*hangs head in shame*

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I agree with this really - I do. It's nice to see so many reasoned a well written slants on this particular match and the general picture of things moving forward. Better than clever digs and writing stuff that doesn't form a legitimate argument, merely designed to get a good thumbing from yer ' special great mates...' heh heh, mentioning no names.

I guess the axe is ground enough for today.

With specific regard to the above, I will say this... Promotion would be important/fantastic for all the reasons you've stated. I, however, can't understand the way we approached the FA cup this season as a whole... Nothing new perhaps, but anyone could see we needed to turn up with the big guns on Saturday. When I saw the line-up, listened to, and saw the sloping shoulders of the players during the highlights, it was clear that we weren't interested. For me it's an insult to the fans who bothered to travel, an insult to our opponents (not that they care!) but most of all an insult to the history etc. of the FA cup. We approached the tie something akin, to exactly what the majority of us have moaned about during recent seasons, when Arsenal have rocked up with Sanchez on the bench for example. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Play your best hand, play to win and come away with pride. We did none of that, as such deserved nothing and received it with interest.

Yes - I realise why our best players weren't risked, or were they? Murray, Norwood, Hemed and even Sidwell played large parts...Why not just take the under 23s? rather than fannying about with Murray et al. at 50% effort.

Beyond this; the media knives are out and it all adds to the pressure. Lose on Thursday and the mental toughness of our manager and squad will be severely tested.

Sometimes things simply unravel, usually for a reason. Obviously I'm most likely wrong... I worry is all.

With due respect I doubt there were many BHA fans at the game that were expecting the full first team to take to the pitch.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Opinion is probably split fairly evenly on this, quite a few people, me included were happy for Brighton to field a weakened team and go out to Non league opposition as long as no one got injured. It's a competition we were never going to win and fixture congestion could have been detrimental to our promotion chances, look at Newcastle and Leeds as well, they obviously thought the same way. It's not a freak result that 3 of the top four teams in the championship got beaten by teams way lower in the league, it's by design.

That puts me somewhere in the middle then. I was happy to field a weakened team but I still wanted to
win and think we were capable of doing so.

Jan 30, 2008
You're not speaking for me.

I'd rather have been in the 5th round draw today rather than go out to a non-League team.

I wanted to be in it
ANY SELF RESPECTING PERSON would MAKES YOU FEEL SICK the way some people just brush it under the carpet as a two bob competition, problem is there's a lot of glory hunters about at the moment :facepalm:
regards
DR

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh well.

I can't help about the shape I'm in,
I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin,
But don't ask me what I think of you...
I might not give the answer that you want me to...

Now when I talk to God you know he understands,
He said stick by me and I'll be your guidin' hand,
But don't ask me what I think of you,
I might not give the answer that you want me to.

Oh well...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I apologise and that's why I retracted it. Keyboard warrior not really my style, but got carried away in the heat of the moment. Is sad thst I knew you'd be on here in a shot saying told you so though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here