Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Wonder how many of these people signed petitions or protested against the Chinese or Saudi Leaders on their state visits ... selective outrage?

Excellent point. Its a bit of bandwagon tub thumping from the usual yoghurt weavers. IMHO he is an ass, but he has shaken up a tree that needed a good f***ing shake up, and with his hilarious narrative must come an organised, erudite and sensible counter narrative. Maybe then we will see real positive action/change. :shrug:
Bring it on.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Trump has set up a fascist government in 9 days.

Government border protection services are ignoring federal court orders, Steve Bannon (completely unelected white supremacist) is on the national security council and Trump has banned people from entering the country purely based on their country of birth. There are reports of US citizens being detained because of their ethnicity also.

Soon the deportations and internments of Muslim US residents will start happening and Trump & Bannon's power grab will be complete. If he isn't impeached soon we seriously have Nazi Germany 2 on our hands.

We should not allow him to enter this country but Theresa seems hell bent on appeasement rather than opposition to his disgusting policies. History will not look kindly on us.
Bannon is probably the most worrying of Trump's appointments imo.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
And all of it top notch work!

How would you explain the executive order not covering Saudi Arabia when 15 of the 19 hijackers in 2001 were Saudis, out of interest?

Probably because it was 16 years ago and no doubt Saudi Arabia is on a shorter leash now that the US is producing more oil and maybe as I stated in my original post, security procedures are at an acceptable level there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love these online petitions. People think it's going to make a difference, that by signing it should be acted upon because blah blah I'll sqweam and sqweam, boo goo. Let's leave Mrs May to run the country shall we? I think she might know Trump is a prick already...unfortunately you have to speak to these people. But do carry on with this tokenism.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And all of it top notch work!

How would you explain the executive order not covering Saudi Arabia when 15 of the 19 hijackers in 2001 were Saudis, out of interest?

Hilary probably promised not to challenge his victory and turn up to his inauguration in return for him leaving the Saudis out and free to donate to the Clinton Foundation.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Looks as if he's creating a carrot to use alongside the stick. If he had banned travel from all Islamic countries he has isolated himself, having a tiered view (i.e. good vs bad Islamic countries) gives the impression that the less behaved (in his eyes) have the possibility of redemption. Presumably redemption will involve choice trade deals etc.

I also get the sizeable feeling that some of the nations not on the list have commercial angles he wishes to maintain.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
And he's building a wall without getting 3 quotes first! How reckless is that?

It's a grim subject matter but that did make me laugh! :O

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Petition signed. Over 1.25million now. You mess with Mo Farah you mess with Team GB.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As every day passes, I like Trump and the Republican party more. There, I said it.

But why? That's the interesting bit. Do explain, I'll respect your views. Intrigued that's all.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Facepalm all you like, that is clearly how it will be viewed in some quarters.

You don't think that maybe your buddy Obama dropping a bomb on a Muslim country on average every 20 minutes, 24 hours a day of his 8 year reign of terror might have be seen more of an anti muslim agenda than a travel ban on a handful of countries?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here