Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uber Brighton

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It's not very difficult. Go to uber get a quote. If it's bad use a normal taxi. Most of the time they will be cheaper.

Has anyone used them yet? Says no cars available on app

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
I drove on city cabs for 20 years had enough sold the car in feb far too many licensed vehicles now for a decent living I don't think uber will have a huge effect on city cabs as they have a huge school contract and many free phones in hospitals n supermarkets etc also during the day huge majority of older folk these people mostly wont even have a smartphone let lone know what an app is and uber have to attract the drivers over that wont be easy either

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'd agree if Uber weren't developing their own self-driving cars. They're attempting to future proof themselves and get a leg up on any competitors. The brand already gives them a leg up, as does expanding into other areas, like their food delivery business (and I think they're trialling grocery delivery in the States).

I was told package delivery, food delivery and cycle delivery in town centre areas.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Current exchange rate is £16.44,would you do that ?

It was $35 US from O'Hare Airport to River North West near Milwaukee Ave. That was the demand rate(high surge) since things are really busy on a Thursday night in Chicago.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The problem with black cabs is they are expensive and don't have a unified app. Countless times I've been told they won't go there. I'm afraid the Knowledge is an anachronism with Sat Nav. Sorry guys.

You've got to be joking. We normally use black cabs in London but we've used minicabs a couple of times. Both of the times the driver got completely lost, one took about 30 minutes for a two mile journey at night. I would only use a black cab in London, at least they know where they're going

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
First time we used it, he drove passed us, he cancelled the booking and still charged us. Left us a 10 min walk in the rain.

Won't use Uber again.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You've got to be joking. We normally use black cabs in London but we've used minicabs a couple of times. Both of the times the driver got completely lost, one took about 30 minutes for a two mile journey at night. I would only use a black cab in London, at least they know where they're going
As a resident I've used both extensively for many years, I don't own a car. So no I'm not joking.

It's easy to view black cabs as something very London but they are private concerns and very expensive ones at that.

The ONLY time I got "lost" in a cab was a black one.

They needed a kick up the backside.

Won't go South of the river, wasn't a joke. I was in Shepherds Bush last year (very late) and a group of failed to get a black cab who would take us South. Uber ? Half the price and off you go.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I personally think its awful. getting a taxi in this city isnt hard. Unlike london or other major cities. Personally i think its very harsh on people who need to earn a living wage just to live in this city. Yes the taxi companies could do with getting up to date with card payments etc. But to drive prices down and lower i cant agree with.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
First time we used it, he drove passed us, he cancelled the booking and still charged us. Left us a 10 min walk in the rain.

Won't use Uber again.

How can he cancel the booking and still charge you?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

Won't use Uber again.

You booked a cab for equivalent of a 10 min walk ? no wonder he cancelled

Won't use Uber again.

There are 100's of 1000's of Uber Drivers on this planet. You had one bad experience. Bit of a rash decision woudn't you say?

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. I'm signing up today

geoff2021

Jun 22, 2009
There are 100's of 1000's of Uber Drivers on this planet. You had one bad experience. Bit of a rash decision woudn't you say?

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. I'm signing up today
Best of luck at 8.40 pm LAST NIGHT they had no cars available and same thing this Saturday morning obviously they cant sign any Brighton and Hove licenced drivers, what a shame:lolol:

Best of luck at 8.40 pm LAST NIGHT they had no cars available and same thing this Saturday morning obviously they cant sign any Brighton and Hove licenced drivers, what a shame:lolol:

Have Uber even tried to sign any Brighton & Hove licensed drivers? Have they even tried to recruit drivers in Brighton or Hove and then get them and their vehicles through the City Council's Blue Book qualifications?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here