Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHAFC Fans given banning order....................

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Everyone knew there were constant problems in the port area. Marseille is a big place. Why go drinking in the port area? It was easy enough to avoid the trouble, bar if you were unfortunate enough to be in that end of the Velodrome the Russian's charged

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Everyone knew there were constant problems in the port area. Marseille is a big place. Why go drinking in the port area? It was easy enough to avoid the trouble, bar if you were unfortunate enough to be in that end of the Velodrome the Russian's charged

Bravado....To not go to port area would be seen to be cowardly!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I was in the square that afternoon in Marseille and can confirm that group were involved in an altercation with some Russians an hour or so before the main trouble started in the square. I recognised them and called it out to the group of lads I was with. I'm not sure to what extent they were involved when the ambush happened as it was every man for himself at that point.

and you managed to avoid the trouble later in the square? or were you involved and just managed to avoid being 'spotted' by the police cameras?

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
and you managed to avoid the trouble later in the square? or were you involved and just managed to avoid being 'spotted' by the police cameras?

When the Russians first came into the square from the side street most people stood their ground as they were still some distance away and there wer a lot of England fans but then they just kept coming and coming. Before you knew it they were close and the bottles etc were raining down so people just turned and ran. I can only imagine that those England fans at the front must have been those that were seriously hurt.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I know all 5 of them personally and can echo the comments that they all go home and away, spending more time and money than what I would consider the 'average' supporter to.

Surprised and also glad to see that the majority of NSCers do actually get why the bans that they have received are unfair. As someone pointed out, if they had been misbehaving the night before and received an FBO for that then there would be little to no complaints; it's the fact that they protected themselves and their fellow countrymen in an ambush from the Russians whilst a copper stood there filming rather than policing.

Real shame, and the irony being that they are actually allowed to appeal and realistically be allowed back to football before the 2018 World Cup in Russia! Tells you all you need to know about the real motives for banning them. If they were that much of a 'risk', that would be a stupid idea.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
What a holiday; going to a foreign country to be racially abused and assaulted.
How dare anyone defend themselves under such conditions.
So I'm guessing no other season ticket holders have ever been convicted of any sort of other misdemeanour then?
Soon we'll need credit checks and work references for the business to access our financial viability before being deemed an acceptable customer.
Those who work at our 'club' no longer understand what an honour it is, and what BHAFC means/meant to our everyday fans.
Maybe I'm getting old, but I think I'm starting to fall out of love with football.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So just because the Russian authorities act disgracefully by not punishing and even glorifying their thugs it means we shouldn't act either, just to make it fair?
Some of the worst Russian thugs were previously banned from international football matches, and weren't even at Euro 2016 ( in theory ).

However, the paramilitaries that were there will probably be getting coincidental medals from Putin by the New Year.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I know all 5 of them personally and can echo the comments that they all go home and away, spending more time and money than what I would consider the 'average' supporter to.

Surprised and also glad to see that the majority of NSCers do actually get why the bans that they have received are unfair. As someone pointed out, if they had been misbehaving the night before and received an FBO for that then there would be little to no complaints; it's the fact that they protected themselves and their fellow countrymen in an ambush from the Russians whilst a copper stood there filming rather than policing.

Real shame, and the irony being that they are actually allowed to appeal and realistically be allowed back to football before the 2018 World Cup in Russia! Tells you all you need to know about the real motives for banning them. If they were that much of a 'risk', that would be a stupid idea.

Two sides to every story and my first impression was good, ban them ..... Listening to others it does seem a bit OTT being banned indefinately ......Unless of course this is not the whole story... There is a huge difference between throwing a chair at someone and beating someone over the head with one.(which are they accused of) Have they been in trouble before? Have they had warnings?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To be fair is it rely down to the police officer? He'd have handed over the video evidence and the court would decide to prosecute? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Why is Palace posting on this thread? Nothing to do with you.

Sticking up for your fans when others are quick to condemn them without knowing all the facts. Not to mention they are also England fans.

Let me ask you something. How do you manage to pop up and respond every time I post, do you have nothing better to do than go around telling people where they should and should not post.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Two sides to every story and my first impression was good, ban them ..... Listening to others it does seem a bit OTT being banned indefinately ......Unless of course this is not the whole story... There is a huge difference between throwing a chair at someone and beating someone over the head with one.(which are they accused of) Have they been in trouble before? Have they had warnings?

To my knowledge, none of them have been convicted of a football related incident in their lives. Even if they had been, would that automatically make them guilty of the offence they have been accused of?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
To be fair is it rely down to the police officer? He'd have handed over the video evidence and the court would decide to prosecute? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

No evidence is required at these civil kangaroo court FBO hearings. The police only have to suggest that there is 'suspicion' of the defendants involvement in hooligan activity.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
All very well, except the club don't have the power to overturn a FBO and so they would still be commiting an offence if they went to a game.
The club could remove their own ban, which I understand extends above and beyond the duration of the FBO.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
No evidence is required at these civil kangaroo court FBO hearings. The police only have to suggest that there is 'suspicion' of the defendants involvement in hooligan activity.

Ah, luckily I have no experience of such courts. All sounds a bit ropey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here