Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty in this weeks Worthing Herald. He STILL has his FINGER on the PULSE

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Definitely the latter. I refer you to the BIBLE of bad language, the Viz Profanisaurus

This particular entry is sandwiched between Vienetta and Viper's Tongue.

Ok. That settles it. Cheers.

That said the frantic shaking if the sarsons bottle to get the chip juice out is a pleasing image.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Well A) I didn't know Bozza's real name and B) what Harty did for the club was a long time ago. Yes, I appreciate what he did back in the day, but his day has gone now. Oh, and here's a C) for you. Whatever your views, there's no need to be so abusive!

That's harsh fella. "His day has gone now" what a bell.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The good thing about Bucks Fizz was that when playing Top of the Pops hand shandy roulette, at least Cheryl Baker was a good consolation prize. With ABBA, coinciding the vinegar strokes with having Agnetha on screen was always a tough job, although Benny or Bjorn were both preferable to the brunette.

Not forgetting Debbie Harry was around alot in those days, always worth a "Bash" ................Oh.....and Suzi Quatro :love: .......Tissue sales in the 70s must have been massive!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not forgetting Debbie Harry was around alot in those days, always worth a "Bash" ................Oh.....and Suzi Quatro :love: .......Tissue sales in the 70s must have been massive!!!

And into the early 80's with Madonna. Lovely.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Like I said ' It's a view'. No need for the abuse just because it may differ from yours.

It's a view but its ridiculous. Ian Hart is always controversial and its in his nature to not give in. It's just lazy to dismiss him as yesterday's man when our today is due, in no small part, to him. Short memories.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Hah ....this does it for me :whistle:

image.jpg

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
All feedback, negative or positive, is good, but a caveat to that is that there is a clear line between criticism and abuse from an anonymous individual sitting behind a keyboard. For the wonderful platform the internet is, that will always be one of its biggest drawbacks.

Seeing this in the article reminded me of my thread last week, appealing to the good folk on here to avoid finishing off their posts with mindless insults, which are unpleasant and unnecessary. Besides the mickey taking about me an oldie, I had some very insightful replies, which was reassuring, others that contributed next to nothing, and some who saw no wrong with insults. It is a forum and you expect a range of opinions -that is fine. A couple of days later, there was a thread about employment/benefits etc etc and two of my critics, who claimed what the hell, and that insults are part and parcel of NSC, responded. They described their jobs and it was clear that they have huge responsibility in their workplace, where, it is reasonable to assume, that they would at the very least frown on insults aimed at colleagues. Yet, it is Ok here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
All feedback, negative or positive, is good, but a caveat to that is that there is a clear line between criticism and abuse from an anonymous individual sitting behind a keyboard. For the wonderful platform the internet is, that will always be one of its biggest drawbacks.

Seeing this in the article reminded me of my thread last week, appealing to the good folk on here to avoid finishing off their posts with mindless insults, which are unpleasant and unnecessary. Besides the mickey taking about me an oldie, I had some very insightful replies, which was reassuring, others that contributed next to nothing, and some who saw no wrong with insults. It is a forum and you expect a range of opinions -that is fine. A couple of days later, there was a thread about employment/benefits etc etc and two of my critics, who claimed what the hell, and that insults are part and parcel of NSC, responded. They described their jobs and it was clear that they have huge responsibility in their workplace, where, it is reasonable to assume, that they would at the very least frown on insults aimed at colleagues. Yet, it is Ok here.

The subtle difference being that no one on here is in a position of responsibility over their peers except the mods who try and stop us from getting sued for libel or done for Internet abuse.

Sometimes posters put up comments that are so ludicrous that the only proper response is a good old Anglo Saxon riposte.

Some of the insults I've seen on here have been adopted by me into my own lexicon of put downs and abuse. In fact if it wasn't for the colourful and imaginative slagging off it wouldn't be worth reading half of the threads.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The subtle difference being that no one on here is in a position of responsibility over their peers except the mods who try and stop us from getting sued for libel or done for Internet abuse.

Sometimes posters put up comments that are so ludicrous that the only proper response is a good old Anglo Saxon riposte.

Some of the insults I've seen on here have been adopted by me into my own lexicon of put downs and abuse. In fact if it wasn't for the colourful and imaginative slagging off it wouldn't be worth reading half of the threads.

Amen to that you cockwombling brain donor.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

With the 'hiding behind the keyboard' issue. The upside, though some may find it a tad cowardly is that sometimes ( being rude excepted) you can say what you honestly feel rather than worrying about hurting the feelings of members whose views you generally respect. Not any issue for me really, I think the anonymity is a good thing, in fact I almost revel in the secrecy of it. A bit like being Lord Lucan without the need to kill the Nanny! :smile:
With regard to this thread, I never criticise TB or PB because I personally believe they do their best. But in this case and in defence of the OP, I would have to agree, with finding Tony's complacency with our procurements this season rather odd. Frankly my Mrs gets better deals in Laura Ashley....and that's saying something!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cathy Dennis all day long

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here