Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 23,661

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Book them online and print at home, no booking fee.

PG

You can't print at home for U21s games at the training centre, which are 'free' to sth. You have to go to the Amex and pay £1 booking fee, just to get your name on a list for entry.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The best times are when you are chasing promotion like we are now and the last time we reached the big boys leagues it was brilliant but sadly if we achieve the dream this season next season will see a drop in overall attendances as prices will go up and Sky will be chopping and changing days and kick off times to suit there schedule plus it will be a question of survival for a couple of seasons maybe with no chance of free flowing football / more like grinding out a point or shutting up shop at 1-0 up
I hope I'm wrong on this but I'm afraid that will be the reality and why lash out £40 plus for a game only to see Sky / BT change it and for all us long distance fans to see that train travel / Kick off times are unsuitable or impossible to make

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yup, but the club is sensitive to upsetting some STH (not those such as yourself) by cutting prices too much, too often.

26,391 for Cardiff at the 'mate for a tenner' was great, but after you strip out VAT and transfer levy the club made less than £6 per person who took up the deal.

Do you think that was an 'offer' or market research? I can be a bit cynical, and while I did buy 3 tickets using the offer so did benefit (or my friends did), can't help think it was actually an exercise in finding out how many ST holders have friends and family who would come when it's cheap, but don't come otherwise, or some such data.

Obviously a win for the fans, but when you say the club made less than £6 pp, I suspect they made a fair amount of value in the data they gleaned.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know everyone is expecting a hike in ticket prices were we to be promoted, but with the enormity of the cashflow for every team in that league, there is strong case for freezing or even lowering prices, as the reliance on ticket revenue becomes much less important.
[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know everyone is expecting a hike in ticket prices were we to be promoted, but with the enormity of the cashflow for every team in that league, there is strong case for freezing or even lowering prices, as the reliance on ticket revenue becomes much less important.

Paul Barber has already said sth prices would rise if we got promoted.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS Our average "away" crowds or "travelling fans" over the last 5 seasons have also dipped since a peak in 2011/12, our first season in the Champ.
Of course form will be a factor here but also, i assume, the proximity of clubs in the division. (Your Readings, QPR, Fulham, Brentford, Millwall etc as opposed to Yeovil, Rotherham, Wigan)
via http://www.football-league.co.uk/documents/travelling-fans-average549-2598175.pdf

2010/11 1,396
2011/12 1,609
2012/13 1,367
2013/14 1,178
2014/15 1,041

The average so far this season after 8 away games is 1538.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Paul Barber has already said sth prices would rise if we got promoted.

Where ? or do you mean that the club always say every season when ST prices are announced that they are dependent on the club remaining in the Championship.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

In 2013/14 income from matchday was £10.4 million, (bigger than that of Palace for example, who are PL).

Next season, if we were to be promoted AND even if we finish bottom, we would earn £99 million from TV rights (plus parachute payments the following seasons).

So is there a NEED to increase ST prices, no.

If the club believe they can fill all seats at a higher price, then there is an economic argument for it from their point of view.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In 2013/14 income from matchday was £10.4 million, (bigger than that of Palace for example, who are PL).

Next season, if we were to be promoted AND even if we finish bottom, we would earn £99 million from TV rights (plus parachute payments the following seasons).

So is there a NEED to increase ST prices, no.

If the club believe they can fill all seats at a higher price, then there is an economic argument for it from their point of view.

Agreed. Matchday revenue suddenly becomes a very small % of the overall income......

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Did the club try to attract the new Sussex Uni student intake with cheap ticket offers? It seems to me that this could be a good opportunity to get a few of them 'hooked' to the Amex, particularly if they live on campus. What about the Uni sports teams? I'm sure they could distribute a few cheap tickets for (say) an evening fixture at fairly short notice.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
QPR, Brentford, MK Dons might also be good shouts.

I think the allocation for Brentford is only about 1500, so we might struggle to better 1538.
QPR give us a bit more, but it's just after Derby (which I could see being popular) - not everyone will do both.
MK Mongs is a good shout especially if we are doing well.
As your figures point out, our travelling numbers haven't improved since we left the Withdean.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Agreed. Matchday revenue suddenly becomes a very small % of the overall income......

Indeed.

I heard a NITWIT on Radio Five Live last week say that for a SMALL CLUB such as Crystal Palace fan income was less than 10% of total income.

No idea who he was of course.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Indeed.

I heard a NITWIT on Radio Five Live last week say that for a SMALL CLUB such as Crystal Palace fan income was less than 10% of total income.

No idea who he was of course.

Was it that Kevin MacGiver chap?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The best times are when you are chasing promotion like we are now and the last time we reached the big boys leagues it was brilliant but sadly if we achieve the dream this season next season will see a drop in overall attendances as prices will go up and Sky will be chopping and changing days and kick off times to suit there schedule plus it will be a question of survival for a couple of seasons maybe with no chance of free flowing football / more like grinding out a point or shutting up shop at 1-0 up
I hope I'm wrong on this but I'm afraid that will be the reality and why lash out £40 plus for a game only to see Sky / BT change it and for all us long distance fans to see that train travel / Kick off times are unsuitable or impossible to make

I cannot see attendances decreasing if we get promoted, and I doubt we'd have more than maybe 2 or 3 home games TOPS televised live, so the chopping and changing wouldn't be significantly worse than what we currently have IMO.

I'd be amazed if we weren't close to selling out in the PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here