Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Davy propper

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On the other thread I've said Bissouma is a genuine threat to any of the midfield positions. CH doesn't need to give up on Gross, all that needs to happen is Bissouma to show Chris he makes the team better so select him.

That aside, I thought Gross played really well yesterday. He genuinely has a vision for putting the ball in attacking spaces that I haven't seen since Vicente. Some of his play at close quarters was frankly brilliant and got into shooting positions when he had no right to. He is top quality.

Beyond their dreadful goalscoring record, our CMs are now really shaping up. With a bit of luck we're evolving such that we play with one sitting, and then two who play a bit further forward/have license to roam/box-to-box style. Gross, Propper and Bissouma are best suited to the latter role and, if this is indeed how are CM is evolving, need to start chipping in with more goals and assists. As much as I liked Propper on the ball against Bournemouth, he's not up to what Stephens does as a sitting midfielder defensively. Again, if we are evolving to play with two more advanced/box-to-box in CM, this means that we no longer need to get another ACM but we need to get a DCM to challenge Stephens. If Delaney is still on our radar, affordable and available, he'd fit the bill but otherwise someone similar in style and perhaps younger/with potential (a la Torreira).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very good again I thought. Excellent in a more advanced role.

His weight of pass is exceptional.

He's loving the new formation and it really suits his game. It's almost like this was a planned evolution when we signed him..................:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here