Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

March For England cancel Brighton event

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And if there were no Islamic extremists in Britain, shouting vile abuse at soldiers returning home, there would be no EDL. Why not attack the root of the problem Dave and turn up with your masked mates to fight a bigger threat to diversity, Islamic extremists? If you can stop them encouraging Jihad and preaching hate, you will finish EDL at the same time.
Or is it only white racists that get up your nose?

Are there Islamic extremists, or right wing extremists coming to Brighton to fight local people, and students?
Secondly, if you believe that the EDL are only against 'extremists', then you really need to conduct a bit more research..

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And left wing supporters such as you support violence. You're no better than the right wing thugs in reality.

and by allowing fascists to march in our city, and condemning opposition to them, I consider you a facilitator, and despite your denials, no better than EDL.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
and by allowing fascists to march in our city, and condemning opposition to them, I consider you a facilitator, and despite your denials, no better than EDL.

I condemn violence of any type in our city be that from EDL, MfE, left winger nutters like you, football supporters, drunks etc. My condemnation doesn't 'facilitate' anything.

So here's a challenge to you - condemn ALL violence regardless of which party it comes from, come on you know you want to. Stop dodging the challenge and be a proper man rather than a violent left wing thug.

EDIT - I haven't condemned opposition to the fascists - I've condemned VIOLENT opposition to the fascists. But you knew that didn't you ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

...as for the violent opposition, the first violence I saw on the day, came from EDL in Queens Road. You know, the people who came to Brighton with the publicized intent to create mayhem in our city. You condone that. I dont.

Seems that a few people on here dont mind violent, far right racists in their town to cause problems, but more worried about a reaction to them...its very interesting.
Oh, and they are not coming back. Looks like opposition to violent racists has been successful....thanks... ;-)

Im a left wing nutter now for opposing fascists in Brighton? Brilliant

If violent left wing gangs planned to come to Brighton, with the publicized intent to cause mayhem in the city, I would oppose it.
You wouldnt.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

...as for the violent opposition, the first violence I saw on the day, came from EDL in Queens Road. You know, the people who came to Brighton with the publicized intent to create mayhem in our city. You condone that. I dont.

Seems that a few people on here dont mind violent, far right racists in their town to cause problems, but more worried about a reaction to them...its very interesting.
Oh, and they are not coming back. Looks like opposition to violent racists has been successful....thanks... ;-)

Im a left wing nutter now for opposing fascists in Brighton? Brilliant

If violent left wing gangs planned to come to Brighton, with the publicized intent to cause mayhem in the city, I would oppose it.
You wouldnt.

You really need to learn to read. Oh, and the left wing nutters were tweeting and Facebooking about have rucks before the day in question so there was planned left wing and right wing violence.

See you still won't condemn ALL violence - what a lovely nutjob you really are. Note I've made that word big as you seemed to have missed it in all other posts.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
No, I dont condemn all violence. You have another question?
If violence is used to confront people, coming to Brighton with the intent to cause as much trouble, violence, and ****wittery as they can, Ive no problem with violence being used against them, in order to stop them repeating it. Looks like its worked.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just admit Dave.....you like a tear up!

Got it in one. Kudos to him for going halfway across Europe looking for a ruck. Points deducted however for not having a pop at the more active, more violent ones in countries a lot nearer to his adopted home. Maybe once he's finished saving the UK and the internet he'll turn his attention to them. We can but hope, for all our childrens' sakes.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You really need to learn to read. Oh, and the left wing nutters were tweeting and Facebooking about have rucks before the day in question so there was planned left wing and right wing violence.

See you still won't condemn ALL violence - what a lovely nutjob you really are. Note I've made that word big as you seemed to have missed it in all other posts.

Question, Westdene: are you a pacifist?

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Question, Withdene: are you a pacifist?

I can see where you're going with this but the evidence suggests that there was no violence until the counter-protesters decided to bring aggro with them and this is borne out by both police arrests and independent testimony of the day. The rhetoric by the left prior to this made the situation a lot more volatile and undoubtedly recruited right-wing thugs to the MFE march looking for trouble.

The previous march was embarrassingly small for the MFE, I saw it first-hand, with them corralled onto Victoria Gardens outside the King and Queen where they just hung around pointlessly. It was embarrassing. This year's should have gone the same way (especially given the appalling weather) but the counter-protesters have to take a large part of the blame for the ensuing violence. I'm firmly in the camp that says let them march and let's all just ignore them.

I'd also go further and say that DaveInPrague's logic is wrong for the root cause of this. This BBC article quotes a Home Office senior adviser who states that Islamic extremism is fuelling a backlash that is recruiting people to extremist right-wing organisations. Note the word 'backlash'. It's a reaction, not the original action. So, if Dave really, really cares about preventing right-wing extremism in this country his energy would be best spent elsewhere because, for all his claims that he's making fools of the fascists, it's the Islamic Jihadists that are making a fool of him with his myopia and inability to distinguish cause and effect.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29204170

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Question, Westdene: are you a pacifist?

:lol: - no. Yes, you can call me a hypocrite. My point in this instance was that Dave can't seem to get his head round that both sides produced the violence and it was on the streets of this city that should be for the peaceful enjoyment of the residents - not bussed in violent nut jobs like Dave. Using his logic, as a resident opposed to the mask wearing left wing thugs who use violence I should be able to kick their heads in.

I didn't and still don't agree with the invasions of Iraq or Afghanistan but I'm far from a pacifist. Some conflict is almost inevitable but violent nutjobs on the streets of Brighton doesn't extend to that. Now if the police want to crack a few of their skulls next time both moronic groups are in town, I might just support that violence on our streets.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

There is a bit of that quote that makes no sense, at least not anymore.

The use of the word 'our', you live in Prague Dave, and travelled to another country for a confrontation. Surprised you haven't joined the Islamic State mob.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
There is a bit of that quote that makes no sense, at least not anymore.

The use of the word 'our', you live in Prague Dave, and travelled to another country for a confrontation. Surprised you haven't joined the Islamic State mob.

Brighton is my home town. Its where my family live, its where I will be returning?
Really, why should I be joining Islamic State exactly? Not sure why opposition to fascists in my city means a love of Islamic extremists.
If thats your best argument, probably better you said nothing mate.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
:lol: - no. Yes, you can call me a hypocrite. My point in this instance was that Dave can't seem to get his head round that both sides produced the violence and it was on the streets of this city that should be for the peaceful enjoyment of the residents - not bussed in violent nut jobs like Dave. Using his logic, as a resident opposed to the mask wearing left wing thugs who use violence I should be able to kick their heads in.

I didn't and still don't agree with the invasions of Iraq or Afghanistan but I'm far from a pacifist. Some conflict is almost inevitable but violent nutjobs on the streets of Brighton doesn't extend to that. Now if the police want to crack a few of their skulls next time both moronic groups are in town, I might just support that violence on our streets.

Not quite sure how to respond: are any of these appropriate?
:moo::kiss::cheers::rolleyes::(:thumbsup::bhasign:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I can see where you're going with this but the evidence suggests that there was no violence until the counter-protesters decided to bring aggro with them and this is borne out by both police arrests and independent testimony of the day. The rhetoric by the left prior to this made the situation a lot more volatile and undoubtedly recruited right-wing thugs to the MFE march looking for trouble.

The previous march was embarrassingly small for the MFE, I saw it first-hand, with them corralled onto Victoria Gardens outside the King and Queen where they just hung around pointlessly. It was embarrassing. This year's should have gone the same way (especially given the appalling weather) but the counter-protesters have to take a large part of the blame for the ensuing violence. I'm firmly in the camp that says let them march and let's all just ignore them.

I'd also go further and say that DaveInPrague's logic is wrong for the root cause of this. This BBC article quotes a Home Office senior adviser who states that Islamic extremism is fuelling a backlash that is recruiting people to extremist right-wing organisations. Note the word 'backlash'. It's a reaction, not the original action. So, if Dave really, really cares about preventing right-wing extremism in this country his energy would be best spent elsewhere because, for all his claims that he's making fools of the fascists, it's the Islamic Jihadists that are making a fool of him with his myopia and inability to distinguish cause and effect.

Excellent post

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

I claim to be making fools of the fascists? Thats rather theatrical, and colourful.. Fairly sure ive not claimed any such thing Buzzer.
Good to know there were no violent fascists and racists coming to Brighton before our latest struggle with militant Islamists. Oh wait.
I also keep reading about the 'peaceful' beginning of this street theatre. Ive read, in several places that there was homophobic, and racist
chants even at the beginning, but im guessing leaving that out makes it more a 'bad lefties' thing.

Why is Dave Smeeton, a well known far right activist, and resident of Portsmouth, bringing his 'march' to Brighton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here