Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] FAO man of West Stand Upper; re Racism.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If zaha was white (african or British convert playing for african nation football team) - would the alleged shouting still be deemed racist?

The actual question is:-

'If Zaha was white would the alleged shouting have happened'?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
The actual question is:-

'If Zaha was white would the alleged shouting have happened'?

Dont be silly. That infers only black players get shouted at which is BS.

Rooney et al & any top player are worth shouting at - i expect he got far worse

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Did your Mum drop you on your head as a kid or did she just raise you to be a dimwitted racist? Dragged up, bloody dragged up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If you firmly believe the fan would have chanted about Hennessey having AIDS and Ebola then so be it.
Many here, myself include, believe you to be very wrong.

Therefore we believe the chanting was racist.

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
****ing hell ladies calm down.

Either way, we don't want that sort of behaviour (doesn't matter if you think it's racism or not)

same goes for calling welsh people sheep shaggers, it's distasteful.

We (Albion fans) can't bitch and moan when people chant homophobic stuff, then start derogatory chants of our own.

It's football for **** sake, grow up.

This is where we'll differ. Sticks & stones for me.

If someone shouts you "fecking g**" or whatever = abuse, compared to "you take up the arse" = not for me - as if i do (which is my business) i should be proud & not ashamed & if i dont i shouldnt care really what they are saying. It may be considered uncouth but not homophobix

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
If you firmly believe the fan would have chanted about Hennessey having AIDS and Ebola then so be it.
Many here, myself include, believe you to be very wrong.

Therefore the chanting was racist.

If he had just travelled to the ivory coast etc..

Next you'll be saying shouting at someone to "get a move on" or "dont be lazy" has undertones

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he had just travelled to the ivory coast etc..
I wasn't aware Judith Chalmers started our chants.
Next you'll be saying shouting at someone to "get a move on" or "dont be lazy" has undertones
No I won't because I'm not sure what you mean.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Fact of the matter is, if Zaha were white you would never hear someone chanting about Ebola or Aids (maybe if he were gay but not from BHAFC fans either way)

Therefore, it's more than likely meant to be a racial slur.

I guess the Adebayor song about his dad ****ing elephants isn't racist either?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Did your Mum drop you on your head as a kid or did she just raise you to be a dimwitted racist? Dragged up, bloody dragged up.

For about the 4th time in this thread you resort to personal insults at people to hide your dimness

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Fact of the matter is, if Zaha were white you would never hear someone chanting about Ebola or Aids (maybe if he were gay but not from BHAFC fans either way)

Therefore, it's more than likely meant to be a racial slur.

I guess the Adebayor song about his dad ****ing elephants isn't racist either?

It was washing - washes - you can say it

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Just the two racist dickheads on here.

Total Libellous bollax - your comments / version of the truth would make every court defense lawyer a criminal

Funny how I've had more thumbs up on my orignal post than I've had counter my disucussion - which is what it has been to me. Youe debating skills are seriously lacking - talk about uneducated & thick

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Total Libellous bollax - your comments / version of the truth would make every court defense lawyer a criminal

Funny how I've had more thumbs up on my orignal post than I've had counter my disucussion - which is what it has been to me. Youe debating skills are seriously lacking - talk about uneducated & thick

:wanker:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wishing AIDS and ebola on a player is a new one on me, I've never heard that particular line of abuse at a football match before. So the fact (yes FACT) that these diseases are of African origin gives this line of abuse a clear racist undertone. Its an insidious form of abuse which was directed at a black player. The racist who hurled this abuse COULD have said "Oi Zaha, I hope you get cancer". Or "Oi Zaha, I hope you get type 2 diabetes and lose a foot". Which would certainly have been moronic and distasteful, without being racist. But no, instead he selects two of the deadliest diseases known to have come out of Africa, and directed it straight at a black player.

Anyone who is unable to see that clear link and the intention behind it is, quite frankly, being a bit thick.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This isn't racism (for me).

A Brighton fan shouts abuse at an opposition player.

If he was welsh & got bah or sheep shagger or French about garlic or onions or ginger etc etc. That isn't racist - but because zaha is black you feel it must be because he is black

Have a word with yourself. That isn't racism:facepalm:

Wow.

Just wow.

The 1970's called: they need you back.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wishing AIDS and ebola on a player is a new one on me, I've never heard that particular line of abuse at a football match before. So the fact (yes FACT) that these diseases are of African origin gives this line of abuse a clear racist undertone. Its an insidious form of abuse which was directed at a black player. The racist who hurled this abuse COULD have said "Oi Zaha, I hope you get cancer". Or "Oi Zaha, I hope you get type 2 diabetes and lose a foot". Which would certainly have been moronic and distasteful, without being racist. But no, instead he selects two of the deadliest diseases known to have come out of Africa, and directed it straight at a black player.

Anyone who is unable to see that clear link and the intention behind it is, quite frankly, being a bit thick.

Oi Zaha! , Do you know its Christmas time at all? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oi Zaha! , Do you know its Christmas time at all? ???

If that was directed at a black player, I'd have that down as equally racist. We all know the images that conjours, and I'm not talking George Michaels quiff in a studio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here