Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much are you able to focus on life right now?

How is your life focus right now?

• Fully focused

Votes: 18 8.7%
  • Slightly distracted

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Massively distracted

Votes: 105 51.0%
  • What's that? There's something other than the Albion happening right now?

Votes: 39 18.9%

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
One of those times in life where I am looking to bury and ignore the recent past - its unearthing won't send me into a world of sudden explosive speciesism in which I hunt and boil any woodpecker I hear causing a racket in a heavily populated area and me wearing a necklace of their noisy beaks - so the Albion is a quite lovely distraction. The sadness will bubble to the surface at times - I think 9 Orlandi friendship videos will send me over the edge completely - but it is what it is, and the high drama of this season's end deserves my utmost attention and affections.
If I were off work, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I'd be Judge Rinder-ing it to the max.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
In the last two working days I've had four client meetings and as I'm supposed to be engaged with helping them make sound rationale decisions about their long term financial circumstances it's all I can do to not apologise and keep referencing the relative probability of our successful promotion charge.

To say I'm distracted is an understatement. I can't do anything without wanting to know every half hour how many tickets we've shifted, is Bobby back on the bench yet, how can we make sure Burnley v Boro ends up 0-0 with each team suffering two reds and a couple of broken legs each...

Argh.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I really need to get my arse into gear on several fronts, but it feels like my life is on hold as I largely spend all of my time either:

- Reading NSC
- Looking at fixtures and league tables

How is your general life focus right now?

I assume your bills are being paid?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
One of those times in life where I am looking to bury and ignore the recent past - its unearthing won't send me into a world of sudden explosive speciesism in which I hunt and boil any woodpecker I hear causing a racket in a heavily populated area and me wearing a necklace of their noisy beaks - so the Albion is a quite lovely distraction. The sadness will bubble to the surface at times - I think 9 Orlandi friendship videos will send me over the edge completely - but it is what it is, and the high drama of this season's end deserves my utmost attention and affections.
If I were off work, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I'd be Judge Rinder-ing it to the max.

Is this English?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Today, I have:

- Interviewed someone
- Written a paragraph of a paper on some EU legislation
- Researched how many points have been needed since the 2000/1 season in order to finish in the top 2
- Considered publishing my research
- Checked NSC five times
- Read match reports in the Guardian concerning the top 3 in the Championship

TBH, I feel like my work/BHA balance is about 45%/55%. And I'm working from home tomorrow - and we all know what that means......

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Albion is a lovely distraction. This season has been good for the soul.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
really struggling. I cannot stop thinking about the next match and what we need to gain promotion.

I really want it to happen before we play Boro, and a further 3 weeks of this if we go to the playoffs would be torture

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The best thing about the Albion taking up nearly every waking moment at present is that I find myself worrying less and less about whether or not I have PPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I really need to get my arse into gear on several fronts, but it feels like my life is on hold as I largely spend all of my time either:

- Reading NSC

Absolutely this. Best chance in 35 years.
What else do you need to think about? :lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

- Reading NSC

Try Going into the toilet to pull fist over pictures of dodgy Dave and Gideon.
That will take your mind off the Albion and release the pressure for a couple of minutes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

- Reading NSC

looking forward to the games(only listening unfortunately) and ****ing moving right in the middle of everything
when life is going really swimmingly there always some bar steward to mess it up
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
we will go up:albion2:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Like everyone else, all I'm thinking about is how it all might unfold and how I'm going to deal with any utterly deflating scenario where we don't finish in the top two.

I'm currently chewing over the scenario where we keep crushing teams - QPR by a clear three goals - and Burnley go and beat ruddy Preston having already drawn or beaten Middlesbrough.

See, it's not nice. This could be construed as proof that I'm not coping well at all.

I agree with this. My GF thinks I am a merchant of doom as I can see us finishing 3rd and losing to Derby in the Play offs. It was hard enough to cope with losing to Palace on that dark night in May. I was utterly depressed for weeks. To fall short again and see the team break up will be very hard to take. Can Albion really suprize me and win the last 4. My heart says yes my head says no. Could be a long cold summer.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Priority number one for me, but it's a fantastic distraction from what is a difficult time of year personally, hence I've concentrated my focus on it. I want this done-and-dusted in the automatics though - to have this stretched out for nearly another 6 weeks to end in cruel disappointment on the 28th of May would be a bitter pill to swallow. The, albeit, potential additional cost of the play-offs, including what would be a manic but expensive day out at Wembley is also on my mind.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I am EXTREMELY busy at work and have a lot of other stuff going on that should demand my FULL attention.

All this is impossible however, with the endless permutations and scenarios that are WHIRLING around my head. My heart says we will win all four games and go up, but my head says there are one or two more twists yet to come.

I am in the POSH seats tomorrow and will also, presumeably, have to mind my LANGUAGE.

It's all too much.

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
As distractions go I was planning to take the youngest to Brands Hatch at the weekend, in the absence of tickets for Charlton, but even this plan seems doesn't sound like fun when we'll be wanting to follow the game..

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I have no idea what anyone is going on about.

I have had an Albion free day on the golf course in Saintes, Charente-Maritime. The sun has shone all day, it has been 21 degrees, hardly a breath of wind.....glorious.

I scored 13 points in the game....my lowest ever and I have been playing for over 30 years ! Bloody football mind games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here