Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Johnny Russell

To be honest then, the scout you know should look for another job. There's no guarantee how any player will adapt to another level but to write Dunk off as not Premier League quality is an embarrassing view.

As for bids, there was undoubtedly interest in the summer (no idea whether there were bids) but that is not the point. He is clearly worth far more than £3.8 million so why say it. And, by the way, your original post said £19 million, not £10 million, which confused me.

You do realise he is talking about a boy scout who works at the club during the school holidays.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sorry that was a mistype or possibly wishful thinking as Michael Keane is rated at £25m. A;;scout gives an opinion it is up to the manager whether he agrees or not. As has been pointed out we bought Duffy for about the same price and they are comparable players. The valuation of both will rise due to their performances this season but I wouldnt say that LD is 3 times the player SD is at the momnt.

As I said above, Duffy's valuation is irrelevant. He was at Blackburn, a club who are struggling, so people weren't seeing his best football and he was out of contract at the end of the season. This was always going to bring the value down. I would say we'd sell him for more than double his original fee already.

I don't think Keane is worth £25 million. He is certainly not that much better than Dunk but, if you are quoting him as being rated at that, how can you possibly say Dunk is not rated at £10 million despite no Premier League experience? There is nowhere near that much gulf between the two of them.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
why anyone could change their mind after 5 months ? things may change, opinions may change, other players come into sight, change of requirements, who knows.

I have been known to change my mind in the past depending on circumstances, anybody else ?

Because several well placed sources have reported he's still interested in the last few weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I used to rationalise transfer madness by thinking the club would tout itself to prospective players with a picture of Leo saying 'do you want some of that?'

That has now changed to the scouts etc approaching representatives of say Johnny Russell, with a picture of Pritchard asking the same question? :lolol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I wouldnt think that valuation of Lewis Dunk is far out if a club wanted him but obviously worth more to us to keep him.

What the absolute ****?

We've already had bids of 10M+ knocked away before the season even started. Most would consider him player of the season thus far and he has recently signed another fresh contract.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As I said above, Duffy's valuation is irrelevant. He was at Blackburn, a club who are struggling, so people weren't seeing his best football and he was out of contract at the end of the season. .

Exactly. Dunk is in the middle of (yet another) expensive 5 year contract and spent all of last season playing in effectively a promotion winning team.
But all of thats by the by. Multiple credible sources, press, media confirmed club turned down £8m+ offers from prem league clubs for him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dunk is a 10 million pound player now, simple, clearly hes not worth that but that is at least the going rate.

To think we would sell him for less is folly.

Thrilled i got to use the word "Folly" :)

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
A hard working Ashley Barnes type I've always liked when he's played against us- the kind of team player who might just fit in - it's a yes from me (sorry to detract and start talking about the original thread title!)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Watching the Derby game, he looks useless, why downgrade on what we have?

I'm sure we said the same about Duffy before we signed him. If the management want him, that's good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here