Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No hopefully about it! Get yourself down there! :thumbsup:
He'll probably have the sniffles again and cry off at the last minute.
I don't actually believe [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] exists and 'he' is just another geeks second account.

Stat Bike is just about to get cleaned within an inch of it's life, which means 2 things:-

1 - My bike will be gleaming tomorrow morning
&
B - I will still be filthy, covered in unmoveable grease.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't actually believe [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] exists and 'he' is just another geeks second account.

Stat Bike is just about to get cleaned within an inch of it's life, which means 2 things:-

1 - My bike will be gleaming tomorrow morning
&
B - I will still be filthy, covered in unmoveable grease.

:lolol:

He used to say EXACTLY this about you.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The back is hurting a bit...:whistle:

How long we going out for so I know how many bananas to pack? (typically 1 per 10miles...). I'm in no rush tomorrow.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The back is hurting a bit...:whistle:

How long we going out for so I know how many bananas to pack? (typically 1 per 10miles...). I'm in no rush tomorrow.
I have no idea how far, Pogue said [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] was watching the clock so I guess he'll call the distance/time.

That's potentially a lot of bananas, is this you?:-

bananas.jpg

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Enjoy the ride chaps. I'm sneaking out before a sky engineer turns up so I can start watching the racing again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that didn't take long, see you guys in front of Doughlicious Doughnuts, naturally.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Currently in Uncle Sams half a mile from home, they are going to need to restock.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good effort lads. Have lost all my fitness due to a string of colds and lots of overtime but back on the case now so hope to join you soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Be very interesting to see how Bert deals with the inevitable Astana and Sky attacks. He barely has any team mates left and yet again Astana in particular looks very very strong. I expect Kanget to be the first of the attacks again when the action kicks off.

I'm not a fan of Porte or Aru, so I'm rooting for Bert now, especially following his injury.

Interesting battle up ahead too with Betancur head to head with the young Dutchie.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Great racing yet again in this Giro!, attacks from nearly 5km out rather than all watching each other until the last km. Clever use of the ex Euskatel boys by Astana.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All this talk of sub-17! Didn't even beat the course record!
Yeah I know, what a lightweight.

I can't see him being able to ride with The Geeks, let along break the hour record.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
True. I might up the mileage next week to see if I can get back to beating him again (well, finishing a close 2nd![emoji1])
Ah the good old days.

At least the boy Wiggins hasn't resorted to running and swimming. :kiss:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thinking of getting a strada Rd 300 don't think I need a garmin gps as I take me blower with me. Any advice/words of wisdom?
Only my usual advise.
Garmin's are expensive for a reason, I've had my 705 for nearly 10 years and it's still bombproof.
The annual glitch is normally down to my fat fingers.

If, for some unknown reason it needed replacing, I'd sell a kidney to buy another Garmin instead of settling for something cheaper.

1066 will tell you otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here