Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
thedonkeycentrehalf;7606 288 said:
Long term Broncos fan here. Started in the mid 80's when we were coming out of a long slump but got hammered in Superbowls, a few years on promise but not quite getting there, then seen the glory years of the late 90s followed by the poor 00's so enjoying the current decent spell again.

All NFL fans know that having a good team is only temporary and that you will have many years of suffering as pay back for a few years of glory. Very much like the Albion and Sussex CCC.

Looking forward to December when I go out to see them play in Jacksonville. Hopefully a better match than when I went out in 2005 for the same fixture and we won a dire game 20-7.
This is about my era:-

Coupled with the fact I still had a decade of Lynn Dickey and The MagicMan Don Majkowski to endure, it's a wonder I still like the sport.

Esp considering the Care-Bears were in their pomp and supported by all the glory chasers :lol:

Jul 7, 2003
This is about my era:-

Coupled with the fact I still had a decade of Lynn Dickey and The MagicMan Don Majkowski to endure, it's a wonder I still like the sport.

Esp considering the Care-Bears were in their pomp and supported by all the glory chasers :lol:

Love that video. The Miami 0 Patriots 3 game with the "convicted burglar on day release who drove his snow shifting machine onto the pitch" to clear the snow and the great Terry Bradshaw only passing for 3 yards in a game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Love that video. The Miami 0 Patriots 3 game with the "convicted burglar on day release who drove his snow shifting machine onto the pitch" to clear the snow
It certainly shows how far the sport has come.
Nowadays you wouldn't find a team like New England bending the rules to gain an advantage...

...oh.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Seahawks - went through some seriously crap years, but the last 4-5 with Wilson has made up for it... seriously praying right now that his knee is going to be ok or it's season over already...

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Falcons 5/6 drives have resulting In touchdowns, 8 straights redzone touchdowns.... And Julio Jones 0 completed passes! We are Punishing a poor saints team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
45-25 Falcons, still plenty of time in the 4th quarter to add to that as well, dominant offence tonight!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Browns since mid 80's....although the Packers became my team when Modell moved the team out of Cleveland. They're still my "other" team since the Browns were reborn in '99 - thinking I should've just stuck with them though after the last 18 years at the Factory of Sadness!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
When do sky make there choices for the games on Sunday?! Hoping panthers v Falcons has a good chance of being shown after the game at Wembley!

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
When do sky make there choices for the games on Sunday?! Hoping panthers v Falcons has a good chance of being shown after the game at Wembley!

Chances must have gone up after yesterday.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Redskins fan since 1982 as they were one of the two teams in the first game I saw on Channel 4 (vs I think the Seahawks). We were quite good once :( :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Steelers. There's pictures of me in their kit as a 3 or 4 year old (so 1984/5.) The decision based so I'm told entirely on their colours. My dad is a Raiders die hard from around the same time, think this was something to do with it - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XVIII

I also had a big soft spot for the Dolphins when Dan Marino was in town. The best passer of his generation, he would have loved the modern NFL.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
It's interesting reading everyone's stories. I'm a Colts fan since I went to university in Indiana and the Colts played up the road, so went to a few games when Peyton/Marvin and those boys were playing. Try and see them live at least once every couple seasons. Ironically, not going to Wembley on Sunday as I'm seeing them in Tennessee in a few weeks and couldn't afford both!

Also got a soft spot for a couple NFC teams. The Bears because I love Chicago and am a Cubs fan, and Giants because of Eli, plus all the good work they've done in Superbowls against New England, and the fact I can't stand the other 3 NFC East teams!

Last edited:

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Raiders v bengals
Broncos v Buccs
Chiefs v steelers
Are the live games on sky on Sunday

I presume jags and colts will be on the bbc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here