Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fenelon gone out on loan...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Is there one, genuine potential fist team regular, let alone star, in our reserves / youth at the moment? It doesn't seem like there is. I wonder how long the academy will take to start regularly producing good first-trainers with he potential to sell on for decent money? Ten years I reckon.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Is there one, genuine potential fist team regular, let alone star, in our reserves / youth at the moment? It doesn't seem like there is. I wonder how long the academy will take to start regularly producing good first-trainers with he potential to sell on for decent money? Ten years I reckon.

A few years away I would guess but that appears to be our way forward, maybe we can get a few cast-offs like Bridcutt to keep us going

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Doesn't say anything good about our youth setup when Fenelon cant get a look in at bloody Rochdale!!!!! - needs to be shipped out if he cant cut it there

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
A few years away I would guess but that appears to be our way forward, maybe we can get a few cast-offs like Bridcutt to keep us going

Yep it's definitely the way forward, but I assume it is a very long-term strategy rather than a medium term one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously not recalled to cover C MS so will probably go out kn loan again to a Conf side. I,MHO the best prospect in the DS side is Glen Rea if and when Dunk moves on. Heard good reports on Charlie Harris.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
keep him here and give him a go, he looked OK pre-season

So, smashed it in pre-season, now can't get in Rochdale's team. Oh dear.

Rochdale have been flying since he got there - they have one player in his position Matty Done who we should be seriously looking at, form player in League 1

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously not recalled to cover C MS so will probably go out kn loan again to a Conf side. I,MHO the best prospect in the DS side is Glen Rea if and when Dunk moves on. Heard good reports on Charlie Harris.

come again?

Let me explain- it is coincidental, I think, that his recall comes at the same time as the news on CMS although if COG starts he could get on the bench. I do not think they would have recalled him expecting him to cover CMS in the team.

As regards good prospects in the DS squad IMHO the best is Rea a CB but his route to the first team is blocked by the form of Dunk and Greer with Hughes as back up. However based on his form this season if somebody came in for Dunk in January, Hughes wiuld move up to the team and Rea to the bench.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Rochdale have been flying since he got there - they have one player in his position Matty Done who we should be seriously looking at, form player in League 1

Isn't that what CMS, Baldock and O'Grady have been at some point? Well O'Grady was championship but with a relegated team so same difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here