Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Tony Bloom to step down?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I do agree that this year has been bad, but i also believe he will be the first to admit it at seasons end. On DK, it was terribly sad that it ended the way it did. But the fault was on both sides. DK didnt seem interested in an advisory role, he wanted to chair the club to the Amex.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he publicly accepts any of the responsibility for the cock ups this season tbh

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think Mr Tony Bloom is well capable of learning from whatever mistakes he might have made.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's been terrible this season granted - but to suggest that TB step down because of it has got be the the most ridiculous overreaction I have ever heard. He made a mistake with the recruitment set up but has already taken steps to put that right. He made a poor managerial appointment and again took steps to put that right.

The guy is Albion through & through and will be hurting like the rest of us. Let's keep some perspective and support our terrific chairman through thick & thin. We owe him that at the very least after everything he has done for us.

Agreed with most of that.

But as regards Hyppia, he seemed quite content to let him carry on and even jetted away on holiday. It was Hyppia that actually tendered his resignation.
I'm not sure how long TB would have let him carry on for!

But yes TB will get this sorted for next season. We will be up there looking for promotion!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What happens to all these fans when we win matches?

Chances are we will go down.

Er... how do you figure that out? For us to go down we need to lose both of the last two games; quite possible, even likely, I'll grant you that.

But even if we get no points Millwall will need to win two and draw the third of their last three games, two of which are away and one of which is home to Derby.

I think a more correct statement would be yes this has been a crap season, yes we are all very disappointed and yes we are still not safe from relegation although the odds are we will stay up, mainly due to other teams not performing rather than us getting points on the board from our own games.

But to make a statement like "chances are we will go down" is just stupid.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
TB. The :lizard: is a big fan of brighton football club as well as the owner give him a break he wants good football as much as any others on this site. Keep the faith.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Forgetting his business acumen, even his betting acumen, I really question his footballing acumen. He has watched this club descend into a very poor side.

Pissed off? Totally

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It all went wrong when he got rid of Gus Poyet, biggest mistake this club has ever made

He got lucky with Poyet, as Poyet did getting the manager's job here. It was fantastic before egos got in the way and I'm not sure it was just Poyet's either. Angry as I was with Poyet's ceiling comments at the time, history has proved that he was right. Neither Poyet nor the club came out of the relationship very well and both have gone backwards since.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
It's all falling into place. Barber has installed his Canadian Mafia. He knows TB wants out.
He's now looking for a rich backer,to buy TB out. Barber will head the consortium.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Er... how do you figure that out? For us to go down we need to lose both of the last two games; quite possible, even likely, I'll grant you that.

But even if we get no points Millwall will need to win two and draw the third of their last three games, two of which are away and one of which is home to Derby.

I think a more correct statement would be yes this has been a crap season, yes we are all very disappointed and yes we are still not safe from relegation although the odds are we will stay up, mainly due to other teams not performing rather than us getting points on the board from our own games.

But to make a statement like "chances are we will go down" is just stupid.

Also to not correctly read the quote and then post on it is also just stupid. I didn't say that about this season if you bother to look at the quote I was replying to

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
i think our great leader is a shrewd investor but lacks or does not like to manage people or the day to day running of a company.

he brought in Barber to manage his investment and since then we can see what has happened on the pitch and the strategy in terms of recruitment both in identification and how we negotiate.

until this changes i cannot see us challenging to be in the top 10 of the table.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wasn't he trying to get Kerry Packers lad to part with a few billion?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
He got lucky with Poyet, as Poyet did getting the manager's job here. It was fantastic before egos got in the way and I'm not sure it was just Poyet's either. Angry as I was with Poyet's ceiling comments at the time, history has proved that he was right. Neither Poyet nor the club came out of the relationship very well and both have gone backwards since.

that

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i don't think Bloom should go , what he has done for this "club" is fantastic but there clearly has been a lack of any footballing nouse at high level , maybe Bloom hopes that nouse will come from Hughton.......if this is to be so then the financial situation/ restraints are going to have to be seriously looked at.....this season has been a close call and to be thinking about dumping 10 's of millions into a hotel complex whilst dredging the middle leagues of Europe for bargain players is clearly a glaring contradiction of statement of intent....!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here