Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the nearest pub to your house you've never been in?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've just realised I haven't ventured to the new Wetherspoons in Burgess Hill yet, so that's probably the one for me. Not planning to go there any time soon.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When The Golden Cross in Portland Road existed only the very brave ventured in. Perfectly safe now after two transformations and name changes.

OMG how untrue I worked in there for about 4 years.

Saloon bar was always relaxed,public bar was a bit more laddish but most public bars are.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:salute:

Do you go in the Crescent if it's still called that or still there in Clifton Hill, I used to live in Compton Avenue in the Early 90s and always liked that pub.

Cracking pub. Had a shared house just off the Dials in the early 90s and we were fairly regular in the Crescent on Saturdays at the same time.

The nearest pub to me I've never been in is The Whistlestop. I've done every other pub in Portslade, played bar billiards in the Golden Cross (and never had any trouble) and drank at odd times in The Bevendean and The Clyde with mates who were accepted in there but never have I passed the Whistlestop and thought 'you know what, I fancy a pint in there.'

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cracking pub. Had a shared house just off the Dials in the early 90s and we were fairly regular in the Crescent on Saturdays at the same time.

The nearest pub to me I've never been in is The Whistlestop. I've done every other pub in Portslade, played bar billiards in the Golden Cross (and never had any trouble) and drank at odd times in The Bevendean and The Clyde with mates who were accepted in there but never have I passed the Whistlestop and thought 'you know what, I fancy a pint in there.'

I also used to go in The Crescent before I lived in Compton Ave, my ex wife lived in Powis Road before we got married.

In the early 90s I liked going in the beer garden on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

The Dials had some decent takeaways back then, I was always in that Kebab shop in Dyke Road, I lost a bit of weight when I moved away from that area:)

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Well for me it's that pub at the top of Scaynes Hill. Can't remember what it's called now but it used to be The Farmers, so we'd snigger childishly every time we drove past.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The Dewdrop Inn - Wick. For very good reason.

That's not far from me. I've never been in there and I never want to.

For me, geographically its probably The Locomotive in Littlehampton.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Don't you mean the TUDOR CLOSE, or maybe you're confusing it with the Henty.
I'm quite sure there is no Tudor Inn in Ferring unless you are similarly confused as to where you actually live !
No problem.

That's the one, Tudor Close, sorry! Is it any good? I've heard that it's under new ownership,and it sure looks like they've done up the place quite nicely, but not so sure about the atmosphere or the food?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here