Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
After horley seems to move much better. Now left Gatwick and speeding southwards. Just hope chaos at Brighton station does n't give us more delays!

synavm

May 2, 2013
I love the way Peter Vile is tweeting about making sure the trains are ok for gay pride, he would be better off making sure they are ok for the poor punters using them day in , day out and having to put up with this

Is he not trying to do that, though?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I love the way Peter Vile is tweeting about making sure the trains are ok for gay pride, he would be better off making sure they are ok for the poor punters using them day in , day out and having to put up with this

Is he not trying to do that, though?

Of course he is. It does't fit [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]'s agenda however.

[tweet]755484279472259073[/tweet]

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
20160719_201256.jpg

Outside station shortly after the 1800 GE arrived from Victoria as near as damn it 1 hour late. They were trying to get all arriving passengers to leave via the back exit but I managed to somehow blag my way out the front by the side of M&S

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[tweet]755488028810940416[/tweet]

I wasn't disputing that, more your selective choosing of tweets to reference: "he would be better off making sure they are ok for the poor punters using them day in , day out and having to put up with this"

As [MENTION=27462]synavm[/MENTION] said, he is also attempting to address day to day issues.

That statement about Pride (not 'Gay Pride' as you well know) is clearly going to bite him on the arse however.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So glad I got out of London early today. Back up tomorrow morning and will be aiming for a 2.30 train. Sounds like a shambles with driver displacement etc

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What's the problem with Peter Kyle trying to ensure an event which brings however much to the Brighton & Hove economy, goes ahead? What reason would he have for not wanting to support this incredibly well supported and popular event? He's doing nothing wrong.

Southern Rail and the Unions, however, are a disgrace. They're as bad as each other when it comes to this disruption, they are equally at fault based on what I've read so far. Nobody wins when Unions squabble with bosses, but nobody cares about the punter at the moment, pretty clearly.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Southern Rail and the Unions, however, are a disgrace. They're as bad as each other when it comes to this disruption, they are equally at fault based on what I've read so far. Nobody wins when Unions squabble with bosses, but nobody cares about the punter at the moment, pretty clearly.

You're confusing the ongoing Southern omnishambles with the ongoing dispute.

The omnishambles - especially today - has nothing to do with the unions, nor staff; there is no industrial action taking place at the moment. This continuing spunkflutery is entirely of GTR's making.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is going to be absolute chilli-con-carnage when the season starts.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] weren't the club expecting an answer from SASTA some time last week about matchday services ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The omnishambles - especially today - has nothing to do with the unions, nor staff; there is no industrial action taking place at the moment. This continuing spunkflutery is entirely of GTR's making.

wasn't today due to signal problems, are they run by GTR now?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
wasn't today due to signal problems, are they run by GTR now?

Was it National Rail decided to put four carriage trains on instead of eight...? And eight instead of 12...? And trains with no air conditioning?

And you haven't asnwered the question asked of you earlier...

Yes you've already said that the article didn't cover them and are happy to rubbish the article as a consequence. So seeing as you are prepared to rubbish what most of us would consider is a reasonable article, you tell us what sort of issues should have been included but weren't...

So what did the article not cover which you find so important?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here