• Leave

Votes: 132 32.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And the winner for most unintentionally ironic post of the day is...
Today we found out that the EU is opening new membership talks with Turkey on 30 June. Just 7 days after the referendum! Read the full story here.http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org..._medium=email&utm_campaign=turkey_talks_2&n=2
It’s depressing but not surprising. We get lie after lie from the IN campaign whose only argument is Project Fear.
Make sure that everyone you know is aware of what is really happening. SHARE with all your friends and family.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Today we found out that the EU is opening new membership talks with Turkey on 30 June. Just 7 days after the referendum! Read the full story here.http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org..._medium=email&utm_campaign=turkey_talks_2&n=2
It’s depressing but not surprising. We get lie after lie from the IN campaign whose only argument is Project Fear.
Make sure that everyone you know is aware of what is really happening. SHARE with all your friends and family.

Turkey joining the EU is decades away if it will even happen at all.

If Turkey is a condition to leaving, we can leave if they join. So nothing to be frightened about in advance of something that is unlikely to happen in the short term.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't care whether the bloke who serves me in the garage is British or Polish. I don't care whether laws are made by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels or faceless bureaucrats in Westminster. I know that our public services would be less overwhelmed if there were fewer people in the country, but I know that our strong economy creates jobs and these jobs will be filled whoever is in charge. I know that money is spent on the EU, but I think that it is (a) a good thing, (b) not that much in the grand scheme of things and (c) make no tangible difference to anything if saved.

Some oif these things bother me a little, but its not important, its all just noise that doesn't really matter. But what is hugely important in this world is the environment, our planet, which is under more pressure from man's activities than ever before. We're polluting, exploiting and damaging it in every conceivable way, and this really really matters. We can only begin to tackle the world's problems by working together, and although I'm certainly not claiming its perfect, the EU is the world's first mega-economy to actually care about the environment, to actually place environmentally policies front and centre and actually do something about it. The EU tackles air and water pollution, taking member states to court to force them to clean up. Our air and beaches are cleaner exactly because the EU took on our government, and other governments. The EU is implementing sustainable trade agreements with major industry, insisting on sustainable timber and sustainable palm oil. The EU has taken a lead in tackling climate change, in contrast to so many other rich nations like the US, Australia and Japan, with strong measures to reduce energy consumption. Habitat protection, prevention of over-fishing, regulation of pesticides, protection of migratory species can only work in a multi-national framework. Most importantly, the EU enables the UKto have influence and give our policies a wider reach, for example insisting eastern European countries adopt carbon reduction targets.

Its not perfect, lots more to be done, but dismantling the EU would just be giving up, would be destroying the first multi-national body with the will, influence, determination and sheer clout to do something about these issues. I may not be the most eloquent to explain these things, but I know protecting our environment matters more than anything else in this world, and this is why I'm voting Remain

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

If Turkey is a condition to leaving, we can leave if they join. So nothing to be frightened about in advance of something that is unlikely to happen in the short term.

You can't seriously be attempting to debate this was a poster who says:-

We get lie after lie from the IN campaign whose only argument is Project Fear.

While drawing your attention to a piece from that bastion of evenhandedness - voteleavetakecontrol.org

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't care whether the bloke who serves me in the garage is British or Polish. I don't care whether laws are made by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels or faceless bureaucrats in Westminster. I know that our public services would be less overwhelmed if there were fewer people in the country, but I know that our strong economy creates jobs and these jobs will be filled whoever is in charge. I know that money is spent on the EU, but I think that it is (a) a good thing, (b) not that much in the grand scheme of things and (c) make no tangible difference to anything if saved.

Some oif these things bother me a little, but its not important, its all just noise that doesn't really matter. But what is hugely important in this world is the environment, our planet, which is under more pressure from man's activities than ever before. We're polluting, exploiting and damaging it in every conceivable way, and this really really matters. We can only begin to tackle the world's problems by working together, and although I'm certainly not claiming its perfect, the EU is the world's first mega-economy to actually care about the environment, to actually place environmentally policies front and centre and actually do something about it. The EU tackles air and water pollution, taking member states to court to force them to clean up. Our air and beaches are cleaner exactly because the EU took on our government, and other governments. The EU is implementing sustainable trade agreements with major industry, insisting on sustainable timber and sustainable palm oil. The EU has taken a lead in tackling climate change, in contrast to so many other rich nations like the US, Australia and Japan, with strong measures to reduce energy consumption. Habitat protection, prevention of over-fishing, regulation of pesticides, protection of migratory species can only work in a multi-national framework. Most importantly, the EU enables the UKto have influence and give our policies a wider reach, for example insisting eastern European countries adopt carbon reduction targets.

Its not perfect, lots more to be done, but dismantling the EU would just be giving up, would be destroying the first multi-national body with the will, influence, determination and sheer clout to do something about these issues. I may not be the most eloquent to explain these things, but I know protecting our environment matters more than anything else in this world, and this is why I'm voting Remain

Yeap, it may not be perfect but generally a force for good. The trail blazer in environmental standards, comparing to the likes of Australia and the US that are a disgrace

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

So Cameron was lying in his speech to the Turkish Parliament that Britain would fully support their application for membership ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Remind me how many of the other 27 parliaments have passed Cameron's agreements he has supposedly made with the EU ??

Laughable isn't it, Dave came back from the meetings with all these "deals"........none of them are worth the chip paper that Merkel was holding soon after the smug git "got" his "deals".
Done up like a kipper is the phrase....mug.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Remind me how many of the other 27 parliaments have passed Cameron's agreements he has supposedly made with the EU ??

Why would they pass them before the referendum. What a dumb statement.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So Cameron was lying in his speech to the Turkish Parliament that Britain would fully support their application for membership ?

As he said - and I'm no Cameron apologist - if Turkey meet all criteria for entry then they may get EU membership. At present Turkey are nowhere near meeting that criteria. That's a pretty easy position to understand in my view.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You've been shooting from the hip all day. What's up?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

And that is a damn good argument. I agree there are things to fix inside the EU, but we are better off in.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why would they pass them before the referendum. What a dumb statement.

Errr ....because it's a condition on us staying. If we vote to stay and they DON'T all pass the agreements what happens ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Except, that is another total lie. There will be no fast tracking of Turkey at all. That has already been covered and proven.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Brexter's - https://twitter.com/robertzamora25

Massive day tomorrow for the country. EU referendum. I'm voting to remain in. All entitled to vote and all have your own opinion.

o3CW-FfR.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Over the past week the Prime Minister has accused members of his own party as being “misleading” and “absolutely wrong” over Turkey joining the EU. The PM is correct in saying the UK has a veto over Turkey joining the EU, but what does a veto mean if the Government is unwilling to use it? Absolutely nothing! The Government’s policy is abundantly clear - it wants Turkey to join the EU and is actively assisting Turkey in its efforts. This isn’t merely giving them a helping hand; the Government already has a team of civil servants working on fulfilling the Dodgy Dave’s objective of an EU which includes Turkey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here