Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you watching the Tour of Britain?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I get a chance, I'll be watching it from part way up Bear Road as they'll inevitably be going slowly
I'll be interested to know what speed your expecting slowly to be, verses the actual speed the riders go up Bear Rd.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Just come up Bear road and there were a load of shirted up cyclists, they did not look like the ordinary pubic wearing replica shirts and the road weren't' closed, is this a warm up event?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just come up Bear road and there were a load of shirted up cyclists, they did not look like the ordinary pubic wearing replica shirts and the road weren't' closed, is this a warm up event?
No probably just a cycling club doing the ride.

Which, as said many times before, is what makes cycling such a great sport.

Tomorrow I can get on my bike, you yours, and ride the route the pros are currently riding.
I can log my time, and compare it in minute detail on Strava.
The Amex or Wembley won't be letting me in, just because I've bought my boots.

On the start/finish line they'll be no oversized headphones or even bigger bouncers.
If you want an autograph or photo you've pretty much got it.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Just came through Seaford. The leading group must be over 5 minutes clear. Lovely day for it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Watched it whizz through Hailsham High Street, I got some superb photos which I will attempt to post later.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Had no idea it was on here. Decided to take a stroll to the Post Office in Hailsham and it took a few seconds for the penny to drop as to why there were hundreds of people lining the roads. 15 seconds of watching bikes streaming by as well as seemingly every police motorbike in the country. Not sure what the AA van tailing behind was for.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Saw them at the end of the road. There were 4 distinct groups with 2 or 3 minutes gap between them.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My spot was fantastic :) not watching the end till after the football though. They looked knackered though and seemed to be going up it slower than me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here