Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can I put my dead dog in green bin outside ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If nobody has worked out that if the poster is serious or not, I believe there is a story in the metro that will help you out.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
poo.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The picture above is clearly staged, as a response to the sign being poorly and ambiguously written.

Yes but with a great deal of distress and anxiety to the Dog.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thread has been massively overrated by some on here, but there are one or two little gems.

The line "I don't think I'm a dog person" by the OP was one of them, and this is another. Cracking work.

Yes but with a great deal of distress and anxiety to the Dog.
:rolleyes:

That dog would clearly be chuckling along with the rest of us sane people if he could read the sign himself, so it's all in a good cause.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What do you mean?

I read a story earlier in the week that a man had been sent down, for smashing a puppys head in with a patio stone and the put the body in a wheelie bin, cant get onto the metro website at work to post link.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This isn't gold but it's quite amusing. I KNEW US would get in on this. Champion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A Spielberg binfest and this thread's Gold credentials will certainly expand.

SPIELBERG FEEDS HIS DOG TO A SHARK SHOCKER

Oh dear - Spielberg casts his cocker spaniel, Elmer, in Jaws* and it's very strongly implied in the film that the dog dies.

See about 1:00 for Spielberg's dog alive and 3:08 - 3:18 for him missing, presumed dead.

* Source for it being Spielberg's own dog: "Spielberg’s cocker spaniel Elmer appeared in ‘The Sugarland Express,’ ‘Close Encounters of the Third Kind,’ ‘1941’ and also in ‘Jaws’."

Read more at http://moviesdrop.com/2013/facts/steven-spielberg/

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A Spielberg binfest and this thread's Gold credentials will certainly expand.

No binfest here. Just a few polite observations form me. The carefree, loose cannon Spielberg of 2006 is long gone.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I know, well I hope I know the OP is on a wind up and the " humour " is the same as that book " 100 things to do with a dead Cat " but personally I would and did give my best chum and lifelong companion a decent send off with respect. I was with him at the end after 15 great years together which was the hardest thing I have ever had to do and gave him a private cremation as I could not bare the thought of him on a funeral pyre with hundreds of other dogs being cremated. Therefore I shelled out over £ 300 and had a private cremation ( he knew no differently but I did ) and I have his urn now to spread his ashes over the Downs where we had so many great and happy walks together. I wanted this noble beast to have the best possible send off as that is the very least he deserved but each to their own I guess.

Challenging to curl one out to but got there in the end.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

checked on my phone, think thats it, no mention of a bin though, so I probably got it wrong, I still dont think this clears up our Dog to Bin situation.

I think you could get away with putting it in the big black bins around Brighton and Hove, nice wide hole to through it in and then do a runner.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
More of a dead rabbit than a dog story - try this:

Steve and Louise and their family live in a row of terraced houses that back on to a railway line. They had a dog called "Lucky" that had a naughty habit of escaping from their back garden and getting access to neighbours gardens. Anyway, one day, Lucky escaped and some hours later returned home with a dead rabbit in it's mouth. On closer inspection, the dirty, muddy, chewed and very dead rabbit was identified as next-door-but-one's pet rabbit "Snowy". $hit, said Steve, he must of got in to Pete and Val's garden and got their pet rabbit [who sometimes has free run of the garden]. So he and Louise washed, shampooed and blow-dried the dead bunny and at midnight Steve climbed over the fence and placed the dead bunny back in its hutch - job done, should look like natural causes and Lucky will be in the clear.

A few days later Louise bumped in to Val at the supermarket checkout. Louise was nervous and the conversation quickly turned to Snowy. "Something really strange and awful happened to our Snowy" said Val. Trying to act all innocent, sheepishly, Louise asked: "Oh, what was that then?". And was horrified by Val's reply:

"Snowy died, so me, Pete and the children buried him with a little ceremony in the field behind the railway line, but the next morning, Snowy had returned to his hutch. We just can't fathom it."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here