Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Totally agree, they had maybe 3 decent chances to score all game, I'm not counting the couple of free-kicks they had just outside the box that were just hit straight into the wall. We scored 3, Baldock hit the post, Murray had one offside I think, and Knocky should have scored 1 in each half, and that's just off the top of my head, there were other chances too. How anyone could honestly say we weren't in control of the match is, quite frankly deluded

Agree. They had much more possession, but they just didn't do much with it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We looked in total control throughout the game they reminded me so much of the tippy tappy get no where football we played under Poyet that got us no where.

Thought the atmosphere was one of the best this season, I am still buzzing today and the confidence that oozes through the squad filters through to the crowed. We fear no one and Newcastle will be dreading coming here on Tuesday night.....

We're on way...

This, this and this. And this.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I was expecting to be able to rip into a load of comments on there but a lot of them are very fair. We are almost as tinpot as them if we're really being honest and we do have a lot in common as football clubs/supporters. They had an off day today and didn't get going, but they have a good foundation to build from for next season if they don't go up through the play-offs.

Having said that, there are a few funny ones regardless:

"Actually think this will be an easier game than Huddersfield as the way they are set up should suit us, although their wide players Knockheart and March are a big threat. Their front players are no great shakes though and are no better than average championship and if they go up, none of Baldock, Murray or Hemed will cut it in the Prem.

And despite the reviews he gets, Dunk is a liability at times and is easily wound up and slow, need to play McCleary and Grabban up front."

"We are still in this, and had a couple of chances. It's not over. I think we can still do this."

"Annoying as the scoreline is, we aren't being outplayed here."

You missed this absolute belter:

"I don't know if any of our players would get into their starting XI. Perhaps Moore or Al Habsi"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Al Habsi over Stockdale? Not in a ****ing month of Sundays.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You missed this absolute belter:

"I don't know if any of our players would get into their starting XI. Perhaps Moore or Al Habsi"

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Al Habsi over Stockdale? Not in a ****ing month of Sundays.

He'd be 4th choice after Nicky and Walton.....not even sure he's better than Casper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here