Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK Schoolgirl killed in Syria

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ooooo .. that was was just on the edge of saying it's the fault of some one else... close call...... you pedal yourself to the highest bidder in a genocidal 'society' in a war zone... then you have no one to blame but yourself if bad things happen to you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

We are all the product of the words and actions of other individuals and institutions. We form ourselves out of the experiences we are exposed to. Sometimes the slightest experience can be the most influential.

At the end of the day, we each have to take responsibility for our own actions. Being aware of what makes us act in such a way is critical. Some people lose that self-awareness for all sorts of reasons. Some people would say that you and I have lost our self-awareness.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Silly schoolgirl thinking she was wise enough to make the decision to join the struggle in Syria. She should have done her homework and she'd have realised she was going to a territory that regularly has the shit bombed out of it.

Not sure it acts as a deterrent, people dumb enough to want to do this, esp schoolchildren aren't likely to listen to reason or learn by example. Can't say I'm going to lose much sleep over the death of an extremist though.

Certainly raises some questions about how she got the idea into her head and how she managed to facilitate her own contacts ,departure , and travel.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
She grew disillusioned with Isis? How can this be.? I thought beheadings,burning people in cages,crucifying people and other horrific death videos is what excited her and her friends in the first place?

That is exactly what ISIS is all about,utter blood curdling stuff.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Can't feel any sympathy for her but it would be good if more came back and were able to educate others as to the realities of travelling out there, in particular for women. I can't imagine what help a 16 year old girl thought that she would be out there other than fresh meat.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
When I see this on the news. I always feel they're asking for sympathy.
My sisters friend from school went to join ISIS. And when he was killed. Was sad, and posted pics of him on Facebook. I grilled her for showing contempt for a scumbag like him.
She replied that she wanted to remember him st school.
I told her that right was taken away when he decided to join those vermin.

Shiiiit like this shouldn't even make news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Easy to go down the no sympathy route, but really I feel its a tragic waste of such a young life. She had all her life in front of her.

Apparently, she had decided to get out, but that's easy said than done.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think the only reason that this is newsworthy is to dissuade others from following the same path. Mind you, if dumb enough not to realise that religous extremism is morally wrong then perhaps it is better that they die?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She grew disillusioned with Isis? How can this be.? I thought beheadings,burning people in cages,crucifying people and other horrific death videos is what excited her and her friends in the first place?

That is exactly what ISIS is all about,utter blood curdling stuff.

She watched all that before she went and still thought was a good idea to go, live by the sword die by the sword, or bomb

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
And? She was a terrorist in the making, f*** her and everyone else like her.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Easy to go down the no sympathy route, but really I feel its a tragic waste of such a young life. She had all her life in front of her.

Apparently, she had decided to get out, but that's easy said than done.

She wanted to get out probably after the 40th Wedding, Rape and Divorce. It's her own fault, she made her bed and well and truly had to sleep in it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
If anyone is interested they should listen to Sara Khan (quoted in the article) talk about Islam on desert island discs, a really interesting view indeed:

Sara Khan, co-founder of the counter-extremism organisation Inspire, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that she saw Kadiza as a victim, "because she's not an adult".
Young girls who are exposed to radicalisation "lack critical thinking skills", which "is what makes them vulnerable to Islamist extremist propaganda in particular", she said.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If anyone is interested they should listen to Sara Khan (quoted in the article) talk about Islam on desert island discs, a really interesting view indeed:

Sara Khan, co-founder of the counter-extremism organisation Inspire, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that she saw Kadiza as a victim, "because she's not an adult".
Young girls who are exposed to radicalisation "lack critical thinking skills", which "is what makes them vulnerable to Islamist extremist propaganda in particular", she said.

I'd argue that 16 is quite old enough to realise what's happening and exactly what she's engaging in. I'm sorry, but I have absolutely zero sympathy for this girl, and I hope it acts as a deterrent for others thinking about doing the same thing. Scum, the lot of them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I have no sympathy. I don't feel that makes me a bad person, but just fed up with the way of the world these days.

When I saw the headline from the BBC 'British School girl feared dead...' I got more angry about that than anything else. Why is she 'feared dead' as if there is some form of tragedy just because she is British, whereas when a foreign IS fighter is killed it is deemed to be some form of victory and celebration?

Either value all life equally or treat it as a war and the enemy being one down. Don't pick and chose and add to the ridiculous nationalism of media reporting

Great post.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

when those young women first went to Syria I was shocked and felt sad about it, with everything that has happened in the world since I feel her death is irrelevant, quite depressing really

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We don't need IS thinking we are mourning that we have lost one of ours to them. The media need to either not report it or do so under the theme of "balls to her, we don't care what happens to extremists in Syria". By making this out to be some sort of tragedy we feed into IS's sense of power.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'd argue that 16 is quite old enough to realise what's happening and exactly what she's engaging in. I'm sorry, but I have absolutely zero sympathy for this girl, and I hope it acts as a deterrent for others thinking about doing the same thing. Scum, the lot of them.

I agree with you that 16 should be old enough but the brainwashing works on 40 year old men so it is no surprise it works on 16 year old schoolgirls too.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
It saddens me.

I find it hard to muster sympathy, but behind this story may well be family members and friends grieving and wondering what went wrong.

When 16 year old girls start travelling to war zones because of a twisted belief then something is seriously wrong and we all have to ask what can be done to put it right.
Well I'm sure Abase Hussen the father of Amira Abase knew "What went wrong " though he tried to play the innocent and pretend he didn't at first
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gby-s-killer-led-preacher-Anjem-Choudary.html

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well I'm sure Abase Hussen the father of Amira Abase knew "What went wrong " though he tried to play the innocent and pretend he didn't at first
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gby-s-killer-led-preacher-Anjem-Choudary.html

Well done Bushy, Alfred or whatever you are called. You've just managed to dig up an example of a story that shows a family member complicit. Like we didn't all know there were examples of family members that have led their children astray. Give yourself a gold star. You can go out to play early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here