Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth Finances

SAC

May 21, 2014
It saddens me to say this but it looks like we are not the best club on the south coasft anymore

Probably 3rd or 4th now

Bad times for us

Good luck Bournmouht

Love from Brighton

Assuming that by best you mean highest placed, in which case how long ago do you have to go into history for Brighton to be the highest placed south coast club? I don't know the answer but it's probably many years ago.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Most definetly a whiff of envy on this thread. It's not unlike some of the criticism we were getting during our first 2 seasons or so at The Amex from certain quarters concerning our 'sugar daddy' We were the upstarts then. If they break the rules I,m sure they'll get their sanctions implemented.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Most definetly a whiff of envy on this thread. It's not unlike some of the criticism we were getting during our first 2 seasons or so at The Amex from certain quarters concerning our 'sugar daddy' We were the upstarts then. If they break the rules I,m sure they'll get their sanctions implemented.
Agreed.

Bournemouth have just showed us how much the albion have messed it up over the last 3.5 years.

Still, at least we saw Vicente, and had the St Patrick's Day Massacre, so not all bad.

Our time will come soon, and it will be magnificent.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
post #49 from a Bournemouth fan suggests £380K , if you take a look at our accounts I believe a rent of £1M is paid and also we're now accounting for £2M per year in depreciation costs of the stadium.

That was the figure bounded around some time ago, but I imagine it is slightly higher now... Regardless, after a lot of feasibility studies done, on new ground locations, it was deiced that we were best placed where we are, at DC... One reason was that the £380k, although seen as dead money, is a lot cheaper than any kind of mortgage they would have to get to part fund the build of a new stadium...

We have tried to buy the ground back, about a year or so ago, but our 'friendly' landlord wanted too much than we felt it worth... There are many schools of thought about the whole landlord and land thing, however, it is widely believed that the land on which DC sits on has a covenant, preventing anything other than sporting facilities to be built on it... However, this is in dispute, with some fans, so I don't know if this actually still stands...

Whilst I would obviously rather we owned the ground, I think we're in 'reasonably' safe hands... I very much doubt our owner got his millions by being mugged over, and I am positive he has done his research on the whole ground situation...

So nothing to worry about guys :)

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That was the figure bounded around some time ago, but I imagine it is slightly higher now... Regardless, after a lot of feasibility studies done, on new ground locations, it was deiced that we were best placed where we are, at DC... One reason was that the £380k, although seen as dead money, is a lot cheaper than any kind of mortgage they would have to get to part fund the build of anew stadium...

We have tried to buy the ground back, about a year or so ago, but our 'friendly' landlord wanted too much than we felt it worth... There are many schools of thought about the whole landlord and land thing, however, it is widely believed that the land on which DC sits on has a covenant, preventing anything other than sporting facilities to be built on it... However, this is in dispute with some fans, so I don't know if this actually still stands...

Whilst I am would obviously rather we owned the ground, I think we're in 'reasonably' safe hands... I very much doubt our owner got his millions by being mugged over, and I am positive he has done his research on the whole ground situation...

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from when you play us of course), as you have Woodingdean boy Tommy Elphick in your team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have tried to buy the ground back, about a year or so ago, but our 'friendly' landlord wanted too much than we felt it worth... There are many schools of thought about the whole landlord and land thing, however, it is widely believed that the land on which DC sits on has a covenant, preventing anything other than sporting facilities to be built on it... However, this is in dispute with some fans, so I don't know if this actually still stands...

Whilst I am would obviously rather we owned the ground, I think we're in 'reasonably' safe hands... I very much doubt our owner got his millions by being mugged over, and I am positive he has done his research on the whole ground situation...

Watch that one. It was only 5 years ago that Plymouth were in the Championship. They had a covenant on their ground preventing anything other than sporting facilities. They had a fight on with their board at the time who didn't care about them being relegated and were involved with the ground. It all went pear shaped when England didn't get the World cup. Eventually they got their chairman kicked out but have suffered in league two ever since.

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Watch that one. It was only 5 years ago that Plymouth were in the Championship. They had a covenant on their ground preventing anything other than sporting facilities. They had a fight on with their board at the time who didn't care about them being relegated and were involved with the ground. It all went pear shaped when England didn't get the World cup. Eventually they got their chairman kicked out but have suffered in league two ever since.

I'm not sure that Plymouth and us would be in the same boat though, as Plymouth's ground is in amongst a reasonably built up area... DC is in situated in Kings Park, which is (I think) purely for sporting use... (Cricket Pavillion, Athletics Stadium, DC and training facilities, and several football pitches for Sat/Sun league)... Whilst I agree, everything has a price, the covenant (again, I think) stretches back to when the Cooper Dean family owned a lot of this part of Bournemouth and I think is still in place, and someone would need to move heaven and Earth to get the land where DC is, available for housing for example... or anything else for that matter...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure that Plymouth and us would be in the same boat though, as Plymouth's ground is in amongst a reasonably built up area... DC is in situated in Kings Park, which is (I think) purely for sporting use... (Cricket Pavillion, Athletics Stadium, DC and training facilities, and several football pitches for Sat/Sun league)... Whilst I agree, everything has a price, the covenant (again, I think) stretches back to when the Cooper Dean family owned a lot of this part of Bournemouth and I think is still in place, and someone would need to move heaven and Earth to get the land where DC is, available for housing for example... or anything else for that matter...

Lady Astor bequeathed the land where Home Park is. It was definitely in the covenant that it should only be for sporting purposes, but the previous owners promised the fans that world cup matches would be played there and even started building a stand for a new stadium next door. It was all a mess. I remember us playing on tv, wearing green for Plymouth to give them publicity for their fight. Fortunately our away kit was green in 2011.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Question re: B'muff...

How did they get £6m for Adam L when the club had already been in administration. Surely one for the FA to look at in the rule book

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011
Question re: B'muff...

How did they get £6m for Adam L when the club had already been in administration. Surely one for the FA to look at in the rule book

I dont understand your Q mate... The one thing the Administrator would not give up, during the administration period, was the sell-on contract... We kept it, we got 25%, we got 6.25 million...( or around that)... I am sure the administrator would not go against any FA regulation... Why would the FA need to look into anything...???

or we didn't ***** the bed
I'm struggling to think of a 5-lettered verb that fits.
Well, local if you live in Hampshire, anyway.
Or Dorset, to where the town was shunted in 1974.

Whoops, I thought this was a bounced thread, which I left open on a tab from a couple of days ago. I now remember it was there as a result of a Google search. Oh well, .....

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Good luck to them my ****ing arse. Never liked the ***** and as soon as they are back in the lower leagues the better. If they do go up then at least we won't have to go to Dean Court next season.

I stand by my comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here