Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this midweek

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Newcastle are suddenly a bit wobbly, Derby Home, Wolves Away, then Norwich Away,
Leeds Huddersfield Away, Cardiff Home,Bristol C Home
Reading Ipswich Away, Barnsley Home, Brentford Home,

Very interesting...,

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Must make it count tomorrow night, traveling north has not treated us well in recent times though I fear...

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Balls in our court. Let's smash it back with interest. 3 points and the top 4 are in their own mini league with little BHA taking on the massive Leeds, NUFC and Reading with a nice 9/8 and 4 point advantage with a game in hand on 2 of them. Getting a feeling this could be our year

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
They seem fine with them turning the other way when Shelvey kicks people EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Truth.

I've just done some rudimentary stat grabbing and there are 10 refs in this league who are primarily PL referees. So the whole 'refs in this league are shit', whilst accurate, isn't anything to do with level.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Newcastle are suddenly a bit wobbly, Derby Home, Wolves Away, then Norwich Away,
Leeds Huddersfield Away, Cardiff Home,Bristol C Home
Reading Ipswich Away, Barnsley Home, Brentford Home,

Very interesting...,

Sure is. My worry is that Newcastle look much better away from home..! Can see Leeds getting at least 6 from them 3 which will be enough to keep the pressure on unless we get 9/9.

I do feel the run of Ipswich & then Burton at home could be a god send to us after 2 tough away games. Win 3 out of those 4 and we'll be in dreamland!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This will be the year 4 teams finish with 100+ points...you mark my words, it's our lot in life. :rant:Who will finish in what order though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, will be tough but I have to say after seeing Newcastle drop two points, I would be bitterly disappointed with a draw.
Newcastle dropped points while leading at home to a struggling side. We're away to a top 6 team. I'd like a win, but a 'bitterly disappointed' would be pushing it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whichever way you look at it, the Championship is a FANTASTIC league.

Admittedly, The Premier League has been a bit more spicy this season than usual - but so far as the relentless need to grind out result after result after result, the Championship is a true test of stamina, character and nerve.

el punal

I needed those pick me up comments :thumbsup:

It's just more the fact it was 89 mins & another set piece with their 2nd shot on target that annoyed me!

Some more pick me up comments :

We're top, everyone else has to play catch up.

We're 5 points clear of third place Leeds, and, with two games in hand.

We're a very nice club and everyone loves us. :cheers:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I celebrated that OG more than many goals at the Amex. This crazy thought went through my mind that, win/draw/lose Thursday we are STILL TOP OF THE LEAGUE.
The big question isn't are we going up, it's "Are we going up as Champions?"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What are you on....who has ever said that? They're still bookies fav to win the league!
I believe his point was that it was a given the Newcastle would finish top two, so we're only worried about any other team that could push us out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know what you are saying, but for me it remains..... 10 more wins, it doesn't matter against who, just get those points.

One game at a time, as we have all season.

Can you please start a 10 more wins thread and update it after each one? It would make me feel good. :blush:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whichever way you look at it, the Championship is a FANTASTIC league.

Admittedly, The Premier League has been a bit more spicy this season than usual - but so far as the relentless need to grind out result after result after result, the Championship is a true test of stamina, character and nerve.
For which we finally have the right man at the helm.

Can you imagine the carnage that would be caused by the likes of, Jose, Pep & Klopp if they were under this kind of pressure, every week.
They can't cope in a division where there position in May is pretty much mapped out in August.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here