Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Brighton and Hove 68.6% to stay, maybe we should now have another referendum on whether Brighton and Hove should seek independence from the UK.

Jan 30, 2008
Nightmare. I am sure an awful lot of people who voted for Leave won't fully have understood the financial implications for themselves or their families.
Big fall in markets forecast today, God knows how long it will take to recover from the falls in pension pots and investments.

short term pain for long term gain.................. live with it:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
regards
DR

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
If you want someone to blame look no further than this governments arrogance and ignorance to the rising discontent in this country for which increased UKIP support was a fairly obvious sign. Our government could have fought for serious reform in the EU and based their remain campaign on a stronger revised member deal rather than basing their whole approach on fear and doom

Unfortunately prior to this vote Cameron showed his weak negotiating position at the EU table getting a deal which did not address the concerns of the electorate who have now taken matters into their own hands

And people still think this is a vote against the current government, such simple minds this is so further reaching than the current government the ripple from this will last decades

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My pension pot becomes worthless today at 8.30....

the market reaction today is pretty irrelevant to your pension pot. the reaction next week, month etc is more important.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nightmare. I am sure an awful lot of people who voted for Leave won't fully have understood the financial implications for themselves or their families.
Big fall in markets forecast today, God knows how long it will take to recover from the falls in pension pots and investments.

I live abroad and not only lose a chunk of my pension pot but also lost more due to weak pound. It's already at lowest level v USD since 1985 :(

Never mind,no more immigrants will get into the UK.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
HOW AGES VOTED
(YouGov poll)
18-24: 75% Remain
25-49: 56% Remain
50-64: 44% Remain
65+: 39% Remain

The old choosing a future that the young don't want.

The old having previously voted I what many of the young (myself included) did not want.

I am so pleased to be out this shambles

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
On a personal basis, I had been upping my cash, just in case.Have to sniff around for a few bargains, but I am not a happy camper.???
Markets hate uncertainty, this will take years and years to recover. Imported goods will become much more expensive. .. Last month I nipped over to Belgium to stock up on beer.. It probably won't be doable again.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
HOW AGES VOTED
(YouGov poll)
18-24: 75% Remain
25-49: 56% Remain
50-64: 44% Remain
65+: 39% Remain

The old choosing a future that the young don't want.

Interesting. Do you know what the turnout % were for those groups?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
So the side supported by Katie Hopkins, Boris and Farage win. Thank you to all the pensioners who have ****ed my future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here