Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby H moved

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Barely remember the last Saturday game ! thou think it was special ! Do eenjoy a Friday night though, spared a Sunday which is a result

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
A friend bought a season ticket at the start of the season.

He can only make Saturday or Sunday games.

So by the end of the season, he would have been to 9 home games out of 23, and that's providing no more get moved.

He won't be able to afford another one, which is a shame, because IF we went up, almost all of our home games will be on a Saturday or Sunday.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Living in Turkey the only way I can see the Seagulls is on the telly, so I must be one of the only people happy at all the coverage we are getting ( before I moved to Turkey I was a season ticket holder and used to moan like hell at all the changes)

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
For home games I think the ticket exchange should open for games that are moved because of TV. But I take the moves it means we are near the top of the league. It feels strange having a game on a Thursday well done to all the fans travelling to Huddersfield today.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me to see Blackburn and/or Brizzle moved - we could be close to promotion by then

My stepsister's wedding is on the same day as the Bristol game. I only realised this week, after promising my dad I would be there..
I may be the only one... but hoping this one get's moved.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Having moaned I confess I do like a Friday night match. Leaves the whole weekend free!

As it happens it works better for me as well. But having to wait until 5 weeks before the fixture to plan is a pain.

Yoda

English & European
Thought I'd go through and tally up Sky showings, until 18th March, for everyone in the division. The top team are rather surprising.

In reverse order:

One Match
Rotherham United

Two Matches
Barnsley
Burton Albion
Preston North End

Three Matches
Blackburn Rovers
Bristol City
Cardiff City
Fulham
Reading

Four Matches
Brentford
Ipswich Town
Wigan Athletic

Seven Matches
Hudderfield Town
Norwich City

Eight Matches
Birmingham City
Derby County
Nottingham Forest
Queens Park Rangers
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Nine Matches
Sheffield Wednesday

Thirteen Matches
Brighton & Hove Albion
Leeds United

Fourteen Matches
Newcastle Untied

Fifteen Matches
Aston Villa

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Thought I'd go through and tally up Sky showings, until 18th March, for everyone in the division. The top team are rather surprising.

In reverse order:

One Match
Rotherham United

Two Matches
Barnsley
Burton Albion
Preston North End

Three Matches
Blackburn Rovers
Bristol City
Cardiff City
Fulham
Reading

Four Matches
Brentford
Ipswich Town
Wigan Athletic

Seven Matches
Hudderfield Town
Norwich City

Eight Matches
Birmingham City
Derby County
Nottingham Forest
Queens Park Rangers
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Nine Matches
Sheffield Wednesday

Thirteen Matches
Brighton & Hove Albion
Leeds United

Fourteen Matches
Newcastle Untied

Fifteen Matches
Aston Villa

Don't like Reading do they

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Still not convinced Forest isn't going to move. I think BT still have a gap that weekend. Would like it confirmed as train tickets are only going to go up.

BT don't have any rights to Championship matches? :shrug:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Personally I prefer the Friday nights. Leaves the rest of the weekend free, which is much better for anyone driving to the game from any distance.

I like Friday night games :) I work in Brighton few drinks in town and then off to the game ....works well for me ;)

Also, if you win a Friday nighter (which we seem to a fair bit nowadays) you can relax and watch the games over the weekend with all the pressure off.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Part of the reason for so many matches on Sky is the Amex has a lot of the cabling for live broadcasts built in when it was made, which makes it really easy for Sky when they visit. Other grounds they have to turn up the day before and start laying cables around but at the Amex they don't have to do that (so we were told during the stadium tour recently).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here