Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Councillors on parade buses... why?!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Best to boo any glory hunting politicians who appear on stage. They can butt out of the occasion.

Other than Councillor Warren Morgan who is purportedly a lifetime club stalwart. To support this, he does have the appearance of someone who enjoys Pig's Pantry x a lot.

Warren Morgan is a glory hunting politician and a total nob. He is one of the reasons for the current King Alfred debacle. Apart from being sitting on the cross party King Alfred development team for 5 years and being leader of the City Council, he has done absolutely nothing for this city. He couldn't even help the club with the hotel.

Clapping and cheering a bus that he is on doesn't sit well with me tbh.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
Warren Morgan is a glory hunting politician and a total nob. He is one of the reasons for the current King Alfred debacle. Apart from being sitting on the cross party King Alfred development team for 5 years and being leader of the City Council, he has done absolutely nothing for this city. He couldn't even help the club with the hotel.

Don't let him see you talking about him like that, he'll be writing into The Argus again to explain how much of a super fan he is. That effort from him last week was cringetastic.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Don't let him see you talking about him like that, he'll be writing into The Argus again to explain how much of a super fan he is. That effort from him last week was cringetastic.

Yep, he pretends to be a supporter of getting an ice rink built in the city to young children. He gave this youngster Sonny Keywoo hope and he said that he backed his campaign: http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1433...back_permanent_ice_rink_in_Brighton_and_Hove/

He even turned up for his photo opportunity on a pro ice rink march: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1681688448728035&set=pcb.1681688752061338&type=3&theater

He's done sweet FA about it.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I posted this on one of the bus parade threads but I feel it's worth one of its own as I'm genuinely bemused and if anything is putting me off going, it's this...

There are plenty on here who email Paul Barber almost daily with various questions, ideas, moans and critiques. Can one of you on first name terms with him fire one over and ask him why and what the f**k councillors are doing on the bus? Can anyone actually think of a logical reason why they are there?

Can't even give them the finger and dogs abuse as the route will be full of kids and families. I thought it was buses they were riding on not a bandwagon.

Are we allowed to throw things at them?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you were GOING on THE bus the DRIVER would close the doors and drive off leaving you standing there like a PLUM

And he would end up with another broadside SCUFF mark on the side. And that won't BUFF out, I can tell you.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's not a day for the councellors, it really has absolutely nothing to do with them. We're celebrating the achievement of our team finally reaching the Premier League. Now they can say that they backed Falmer I suppose, they gave us the land, and that this is ultimately a culmination of that process. But the classy thing to do would be to step back and let that team take the plaudits for what they have achieved on the pitch this season, not to horn in on it with a big cheesy grin, stand on that bus and bask in the reflected glory.

I hope the team straps plastic tits on them and completely drenches them in bubbly from the off. Then they'll have to take it, and just "pretend" to love it.
Absolutely bloody spot-diddly-ot on. At the very least I hope we only include councillors who have always been vocal in our support - and that includes before they were elected. Too many sat on their hands and are now saying they were "always in favour of the new stadium". No I can't name them - which kinda proves the point.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Absolutely bloody spot-diddly-ot on. At the very least I hope we only include councillors who have always been vocal in our support - and that includes before they were elected. Too many sat on their hands and are now saying they were "always in favour of the new stadium". No I can't name them - which kinda proves the point.

Labour councillors on Brighton & Hove City Council at the time we needed them were publicly supportive of Falmer, and to be fair, the council did throw their weight behind the application.

Different matter privately for some of them, mind.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What about inviting all the leading politicians in the U.K. to partake in the limelight theft, putting them all on the open top deck with big VIP passes on - then getting the driver to go under a very low bridge at 70mph?

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Exactly ! , why should this man , or any other self-serving gobshite benefit from the performance of the local football team ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I think it's a great idea.
Having failed to lift the trophy and handing it to Newcastle, some players may be feeling very down, maybe suicidal, so to have professionals on board the bus they will have an opportunity to 'talk it through'.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
They're the ones giving the civic reception. It's their party, so to speak.

But to be fair, it's not really their party, is it?

Q. How many people would turn out to see the councillors alone on an open top bus on Sunday evening?

A. None. Not even their own familes, I suspect.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Labour councillors on Brighton & Hove City Council at the time we needed them were publicly supportive of Falmer, and to be fair, the council did throw their weight behind the application.

Different matter privately for some of them, mind.

I know first hand from the Albion directors at the time that it was a mixed picture.

The football loving types such as Lepper, Bassam and Caplin, and some local working class councillors, were immense.

Others and particularly the unelected BHCC Chief Exec David Panter looked down at the Albion as a piece of ****.

The club had to reluctantly bite its tongue having little power, not even owning a stadium in the city or any other non-playing assets.

But to be fair, it's not really their party, is it?

Q. How many people would turn out to see the councillors alone on an open top bus on Sunday evening?

A. None. Not even their own familes, I suspect.

This.

And I would be gobsmacked if they didn't charge the club for road closures and the erecting of the "pens"

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here