Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth Finances

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You obviously don't enjoy watching Brighton. You never have a good word to say about the team.
25 years supporting the albion and been and done it although when you get older and live 90 miles away yo don't get the time.Personally my social life is more important although I will always go to a certain amount of matches.

Anyway what you say isn't really important to me as I don't need to explain to anyone.

I reckon with streams,live sky and going I've seen 15 games.

Anyway you can suck my sausage if it makes you feel better...you need a big jumbo sausage up your ringer

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well it seems we can't afford transfer fees as the wages are so high these days so we tend not to bother buying players, unless they are for the development squad or a bargain. Somehow you have avoided this pitfall but we have bought two strikers and a goalkeeper and recently an Israeli midfielder for a total of about 3.3 million. We accumulated about 15 million in transfer fees over the last season. Our board, in their wisdom, thought that bringing in a raft of loanees and paying silly money for them was a better idea than buying players with the funds received for those we shipped out. We are then told that we are spending more on players than ever, in the history of the club.

I think it's plain that the way Bournemouth operate on the pitch is the way forward, especially as you are within FFP on gates that are 15,000 less than ours. I still keep being told repeatedly what a great job Barber and Co are doing. It doesn't seem that great to me tbh when I look at how Brentford, Bournemouth and Derby are doing :shrug:
Brentford and Bournemouth are playing in glorified Withdean's.
Derby were crippled by their stadium and have only got there act together by binning off the big wages.
They have turned to their development set up and are now getting (prudent) results.

It would seem the Albion wish to do the same.
The question is how long are the 'fans' prepared to wait.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
25 years supporting the albion and been and done it although when you get older and live 90 miles away yo don't get the time.Personally my social life is more important although I will always go to a certain amount of matches.

Anyway what you say isn't really important to me as I don't need to explain to anyone.

I reckon with streams,live sky and going I've seen 15 games.

Anyway you can suck my sausage if it makes you feel better...you need a big jumbo sausage up your ringer

A whole 90 miles away.....and you have been to 5 games? please dont make out you are a big supporter...http://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/tosser1.gif

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has no one else worked out that Bournemouth's running costs are likely to be less than ours ? They don't have a £1.5M a year millstone around their necks subsidising a sustainable mass transport strategy imposed by the council as one of the conditions of playing at Falmer. They also don't need so many front office and admin staff with smaller crowds , half the number of matchday staff and stewards plus lower policing costs etc etc.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Has no one else worked out that Bournemouth's running costs are likely to be less than ours ? They don't have a £1.5M a year millstone around their necks subsidising a sustainable mass transport strategy imposed by the council as one of the conditions of playing at Falmer. They also don't need so many front office and admin staff with smaller crowds , half the number of matchday staff and stewards plus lower policing costs etc etc.

I'm fairly sure that the cost of matchday staff for 23 days a year and the salaries of full-time club office staff is fairly insignificant in comparison to the players' wages.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm fairly sure that the cost of matchday staff for 23 days a year and the salaries of full-time club office staff is fairly insignificant in comparison to the players' wages.
Everything is insignificant when compared to players wages.

The point is everybody has to pay the going rate for wages, but nobody has the same sized pot of cash to pay them from.

Dean Court and the AMEX must be poles apart when it comes to running costs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

But if it adds up to £100k overall a season its still £100k less than what we're shelling out at The Amex. Our transport subsidy is the equivalent of six players on £5k a week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The question is how long are the 'fans' prepared to wait.

About 8,000 will wait as long as it takes, the other 20,000 probably won't go much beyond next season if we get relegated.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Correct as always, [MENTION=588]8ace[/MENTION].

Bournemouth are a bunch of tin pot twats. I've always disliked them for a couple of reasons: 1) they "hilariously" named their away end "the Brighton beach end" because it was crumbling away and 2) South Today always gave more coverage to that noddy club over ours purely because they are that bit closer to Southampton. Even in the days when we were going for promotion to the top division and they were in division three, they'd give more airtime to these little SHIT-PUFFINS.

And as if you weren't sure how noddy they really are, when they got promoted to league one a few years ago at Burton, this is what their fans sang: "Que sera sera, wherever we'll be we'll be, we're going to St Mary's, que sera sera"

How fking NODDY is that?

I hope they end up in the play offs and end up back in league one where they belong in 18 months time.
Marvellous use of the word shitpuffin there chum.
Good old Lee :lolol::lolol::lolol:

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
I'm not just including transfer fees but you also have to pay wages for all of your staff out of that. As I said, I can't see where your income is coming from.

I'm very surprised to read this; I distinctly recall hearing that all AFCB wage-slips were to be photocopied and sent to Thunderblot c/o AMEX Stadium, Falmer.
Are you saying you've not received you personal copy of the wage-roll?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Except that they don't OWN Dean Court, so presumably have to pay a market rent on it.
So the dubious foundations are even weaker, if it were to all come crumbling down, it won't take long.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't get this bitterness towards Bounemouth either as others have mentioned....They get quality players that are signed to fit their system and they target the right players because they have a quality scouting network.

While we target injury prone lazy players who once had a good season...You only have to look at toko and kemy and a fair few others to see this.I would suspect half of our £23 million wage bill is wasted on crap mostly and even our loan signings have been dog shite and that includes the crap best who's done Fack all for years.

Our scouting network is as bad as it gets and until Thats sorted we will continue to waste millions and millions...The club havent a clue on what they're looking for and even Wright phillips is another hideous attempt and waste of huge sums of money.

Forget the overpaid has been's and focus on real talent that are young with skill and pace :)
I've a feeling you are not alone with those opinions, hence Burkes removal.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Except that they don't OWN Dean Court, so presumably have to pay a market rent on it.

post #49 from a Bournemouth fan suggests £380K , if you take a look at our accounts I believe a rent of £1M is paid and also we're now accounting for £2M per year in depreciation costs of the stadium.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You are being over anal with my comment. I said "They can't afford the gamble of not being promoted like we did last season. They are the best run football club in the Championship"

I did not say they would be up the creek. No club can afford to not get promoted if that is your sticking point.

Translated for you: It would prove more costly to them if they are unwilling to invest in the transfer market and they fail to win the £100m prize of the Prem because of it. The club is well run and they understand that they have to grab their opportunity, this season. Our failure in last seasons January transfer market has put us back and cost us years. But I guess we can afford that,or at least Bloom can put in another £10m of his own cash in.

Is that phrased better for you?
Okay, sorry and err thanks!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here