Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Zamora done to upset Chris???

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
In Hughton post match interview he implied that bobby couldn't start..........please Chris tell us why???

Quality is needed when your best team isn't available, so get Zamora playing as many minutes as possible.

I do hope Chris isn't going all defensive again.

When BZ signed, I am sure that we all realised that he would not go the whole distance in terms of playing time, but personally, I had expected rather more than this. Of course there may be a reason of which I am not aware, but it does seem very odd and not a little frustrating, considering he must be on quite a healthy financial package . .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And who do suggests plays upfront?

Wilson was ill, Zamora can't last much more than 45min so far better to bring him on in the second half.

Maybe Manu but not really proven yet.

I really felt the starting lineup was our best option given the players available.

It's actually fairly attacking to let Stephens and Kayal to play more advanced.

If they hadn't got the lucky goal I recon we may have nicked on in the first half.

Pretty much this regarding team selection - there are so many injuries that we have run out of any other options!

At least Elvis is getting some game time. Some questioning whether he is this season's Toko; I'm hopeful that he'll be this season's Spanish Dave!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
He is the new tinkerman......this is resulting in a decent squad not getting settled, look at Ipswich, flying with virtually an unchanged team for some weeks now.

Yes we have injuries, even so we are seeing changes every game now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When BZ signed, I am sure that we all realised that he would not go the whole distance in terms of playing time, but personally, I had expected rather more than this. Of course there may be a reason of which I am not aware, but it does seem very odd and not a little frustrating, considering he must be on quite a healthy financial package . .

I'd agree with this.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
playing 1 up front , at home , in what was effectively a 6 pointer really does show a lack of attacking intent , dominating large parts of the game but failing to score or get a point......attack is the best form of defence i always thought.???

Zamora and Hemed don't really work as a pair and Wilson was clearly not fit enough to start. After Brentford, where Stephens and Kayal were outnumbered and dominated in the first half and Crofts really improved things in the second half, it was a sensible decision from Hughton in my view with the plan of using Wilson and Zamora in the second half.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He is the new tinkerman......this is resulting in a decent squad not getting settled, look at Ipswich, flying with virtually an unchanged team for some weeks now.

Yes we have injuries, even so we are seeing changes every game now.

What a ridiculous comment. He made two changes, one due to injury and the other illness, last night. Previously, he made one change for Brentford due to Hunnemeier's injury, one change for Middlesbrough due to Dunk's suspension, one change against QPR due to March's injury. How does that relate to a tinkerman? Completely bizarre comment.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Is there any reason why we can't start with Bobby, then bring on Hemed when he tires? There's more chance of us being ahead at half-time, then the opposition are chasing the game.

My question exactly. We'd be much better starting with Bobby, our most effective forward by far and then replacing him when (if) he tires. Far better than bringing him on when we're already one nil down and chasing the game. Very poor decision by Hughton.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My question exactly. We'd be much better starting with Bobby, our most effective forward by far and then replacing him when (if) he tires. Far better than bringing him on when we're already one nil down and chasing the game. Very poor decision by Hughton.

You ask a question but then decide the answer yourself?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In Hughton post match interview he implied that bobby couldn't start..........please Chris tell us why???

Quality is needed when your best team isn't available, so get Zamora playing as many minutes as possible.

I do hope Chris isn't going all defensive again.

This... it makes no sense at all for Chris to say Bobby couldn't start when he CLEARLY could have. The fact is that Chris should NOT have started Hemed. Sorry Chris, but your mistake.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is there any reason why we can't start with Bobby, then bring on Hemed when he tires? There's more chance of us being ahead at half-time, then the opposition are chasing the game.

No, there is no reason. Chris made the wrong decision tonight... and then compounded his mistake by attempting to BS the Noddy fans who don't know better in his post-match waffle...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Pretty much this regarding team selection - there are so many injuries that we have run out of any other options!

At least Elvis is getting some game time. Some questioning whether he is this season's Toko; I'm hopeful that he'll be this season's Spanish Dave!

Noddy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This... it makes no sense at all for Chris to say Bobby couldn't start when he CLEARLY could have. The fact is that Chris should NOT have started Hemed. Sorry Chris, but your mistake.

Even though it is possible that Zamora is carrying a slight injury? Why announce it publicly so the opposition know what to expect?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Spot on... so obvious to all but the club's lickers, it seems...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love how everyone has ignored the comments from people like Stockdale that Bobby Z had to be CARRIED in the LIFT to the players lounge after matches because HE CANNOT WALK, and we have seen for ourselves on the pitch after 60 minutes he physically cannot run or move quickly. Yet people think we should be starting him

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Even though it is possible that Zamora is carrying a slight injury? Why announce it publicly so the opposition know what to expect?

What 'slight injury' allows Bob to play 30 minutes at the end of the match, but not start it?

Shall I answer this one for you too?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I love how everyone has ignored the comments from people like Stockdale that Bobby Z had to be CARRIED in the LIFT to the players lounge after matches because HE CANNOT WALK, and we have seen for ourselves on the pitch after 60 minutes he physically cannot run or move quickly. Yet people think we should be starting him

'People' also see he has started games, so cut the BS...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What 'slight injury' allows Bob to play 30 minutes at the end of the match, but not start it?

Shall I answer this one for you too?

So you would start a player who may only be able to play 30 minutes, thus using up a substitute in the first half?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here