Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Good manager but too much baggage as others have said.

Problem is when he starts to think he is bigger than the club, Mr Bloom soon made him aware that he wasn't.

Was good for us but personally hope he goes down with Sunderland.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I am glad they won....i want their relegation to be a slow painful death, with glimpses of hope whenever they look buried.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
and after all the posts and threads about this 1000's upon 1000's
one at last that has hit the nail right on the head

Well that's a point of view ... personally I'm much more aligned with the one below

Good manager but too much baggage as others have said.

Problem is when he starts to think he is bigger than the club, Mr Bloom soon made him aware that he wasn't.

Was good for us but personally hope he goes down with Sunderland.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you judge him based on his record as a football manager then he has been a success.

If you judge him upon what he says at press conferences then his record is less impressive.

Take your choice.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Poyet is a good manager and was always bound to be an improvement on Di Canio.

Poyet's personality is such that his time at Sunderland is likely to end in tears and much finger-pointing.

These two facts are not mutually exclusive.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I won't and many others won't. Don't presume that some on here speak for the majority.

Gus was a breath of fresh air who gave us some pride and passion back into our club. After the Micky Adams disaster and the way the Slade era finished, he, together with our chairman (note TOGETHER) gave me a club to be proud of again.

A club legend and our best ever manager.

Very well put mate :thumbsup:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
After yesterday's result will he soon have the opportunity to apply for a job at his beloved Leeds?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If you judge him based on his record as a football manager then he has been a success.

If you judge him upon what he says at press conferences then his record is less impressive.

If you judge him on his loyalty and integrity then he doesn't make the bottom end of the scale

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If you judge him on his loyalty and integrity then he doesn't make the bottom end of the scale

There were 137 managerial changes at other clubs during his tenure as manager. There's no loyalty from fans or the board towards managers. Remember Jimmy Melia, Steve Gritt, Russell Slade? They were all sacked a few months after achieving memorable things for the Albion.

Fans only talk about loyalty when the person involved tends to be good. There were no binfests, threats of violence or hate campaigns against Liam Dickenson, a £300,000 signing who proved to be crap, compared to Glenn Murray, a £300,000 striker who proved to be good.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Has anybody on NSC ever said that Poyet was a poor manager? You're making that up.

Err YES? Plenty on here HATED his style of management and many were often saying he'll get "found out" any day now etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I won't and many others won't. Don't presume that some on here speak for the majority.

Gus was a breath of fresh air who gave us some pride and passion back into our club. After the Micky Adams disaster and the way the Slade era finished, he, together with our chairman (note TOGETHER) gave me a club to be proud of again.

A club legend and our best ever manager.

All of this.

Ignore the immature children [MENTION=19107]wakeytom[/MENTION] - plenty of us are grown up enough to acknowledge what a PHENOMENAL job Gus did here, and how that FAR FAR outweighs the manner of his exit.

Completely transformed this club from top to bottom. Best BHA manager in my lifetime but an absolute country mile.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
He is a good manager.

He will keep Sunderland up.

He didn't want to manage us anymore and left under (very) poor circumstances, which sadly reflected badly on him. It wasn't necessary Gus.

And that's about it..........

I have moved on.

Spot on, he did well for us and I wish him well, in fact I watch out for Sunderland results now and i'm glad when they win, I think they will stay up as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here