Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strong rumour (Re: January Sales)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Charlie Austin signed for QPR for £4mil, IMO Ulloa is a much better player and will score just as many goals so min £6.5mill would be an excellent return and will open the door for others to join us. On another note, Conway was an unused sub for Cardiff today. Apparently he didn't see eye to eye with Malky so I reckon we may have seen the last of him now Ole is in charge , I hope not Ulloa and Conway will be awesome . keep the faith

Yes a championship club, no premiership club would pay £ 6m for a 27 year old totally unproven at the highest level, either here or in Spain. Or would they ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Austen 78 games 41 goals championship and with QPR 98 games 51 goals. Ulloa 29 games 15 goals. I think they are about the same ability wise. Austin is 24.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ulloa is not worth £ 6m. He has played Championship football and second division football in Spain and is 27. He is good but £ 4m would be a good offer. He can fire us up to the premier league and would be impossible to replace so Bloom would not sell but at £ 6m he may have to consider as that is silly money and a £ 4m profit.

If Ulloa can fire us up to the premier league he's worth more than £6m not less.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Austen 78 games 41 goals championship and with QPR 98 games 51 goals. Ulloa 29 games 15 goals. I think they are about the same ability wise. Austin is 24.

Time will tell. Technically Ulloa is far superior but as you said he has 4-5 years on him. I know who I would rather have

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If Ulloa can fire us up to the premier league he's worth more than £6m not less.

I see your point. I don't think Bloom would sell for £ 6m but he may have a long think about it. If he does he will lose credibility about his ambitions of premiership football within 5 seasons at the Amex, already half way there.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Textbook case of putting a downer on a good day.

I hope this rumour is totally unfounded.

Interesting rumour creating so much fuss has reeled me and everyone else in. Sounds like a loose mouth having drank too much Harveys trying to give it the big one in the lounge. Should really back such an unsettling rumour up with a source. Anyone could have come up with this gem !

Last edited:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Yes a championship club, no premiership club would pay £ 6m for a 27 year old totally unproven at the highest level, either here or in Spain. Or would they ?

TV deal has jumped from £60m guaranteed to £100m from now on. The Glass's Guide for players from 2014 is now 50% heavier

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well if we are in the" FFP "game rather than the "having a good go at getting up " game, then selling the two of them for around £8million will please mr barber and the bean counters no end. We can replace bidders with JFC and ulloa with solly march.

Exciting times ahead

Mr Burke .....make it so.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Whilst Ulloa mightn't be considered a £10m striker in some eyes surely it's important to remember the difference between value and selling price. January windows will up his cost by a percentage and the desperation for survival in the top flight surely ups it more, especially with the written-about hunger for so many clubs to bag a goalscorer when so few have been identified this season. For performances this year, then i'd see £3m for Bridders as a good price and i'd say farewell to him with gratitude and a tad of excitement as to what Oscar will do with the cash.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Can not see a 6m bid. Danny Ings is likely to go at that price. He is only 21 and scoring goals, English and time to improve. Also a rumour Jelevic at Everton available at 5m. Makes no sense Ulloa going at that price.
In easence he is worth more than 6m to Brighton but in essence he is also not worth a 6m bid

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This Sporting Life was so much easier before the internet when all this utter fiction wasn't so easy to disseminate. Nothing to see here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can not see a 6m bid. Danny Ings is likely to go at that price. He is only 21 and scoring goals, English and time to improve. Also a rumour Jelevic at Everton available at 5m. Makes no sense Ulloa going at that price.
In easence he is worth more than 6m to Brighton but in essence he is also not worth a 6m bid

And Ings is the lovely bloke that gave his boots to the disabled kid at the end of last season and you cannot buy that. He is a Diamond.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
As long as the money is reinvested in the team then so be it. If we sell them both and don't but replacements it demonstrates a serious lack of ambition IMO.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Well if we are in the" FFP "game rather than the "having a good go at getting up " game, then selling the two of them for around £8million will please mr barber and the bean counters no end. We can replace bidders with JFC and ulloa with solly march.

Exciting times ahead

Mr Burke .....make it so.

Really?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I see your point. I don't think Bloom would sell for £ 6m but he may have a long think about it. If he does he will lose credibility about his ambitions of premiership football within 5 seasons at the Amex, already half way there.

I get the impression that Bloom will only sell if a) the player is not wanted or b) the player does not want to stay and the price is right. a) is obviously not true and there is no evidence of b), so Hull can offer what they like, Ulloa is not going anywhere.

Or I may be completely wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here